Status
Not open for further replies.

ethanHDH

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019
Hey Guys,

So as of a few days ago I went to boot my PC like normal and was met with a few lines at the bottom of my windows 10 log-in screen (not seen on the BIOS screen before hand), over the past few days it has gotten a lot worse, seeing more and more lines; I have tried swapping out the DisplayPort Cables to no luck, however it should be said that these lines disappear after the first minute of the PC being on. The fact it doesn't appear on the BIOS screen leads me to believe it may be a software issue like a bad Graphics Driver, they are all up to date but I am yet to completely clean and reinstall them. I just wanted some advice before I go out and buy either a new monitor, or god forbid a new GPU atm.

For the record the related specs are:
Monitor - AOC 24G1WG4
GPU - RTX 2070 Super

Current State:
ibAFGMj.jpg

First Sign
oMWVKb7.jpg

Solution
I had a somewhat similar problem with AOC monitor too. The 'solution' was to decrease refresh rate (from 75 Hz to 60). If it works for you too this would imply a failing monitor only, not GPU.

ethanHDH

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019
I had a somewhat similar problem with AOC monitor too. The 'solution' was to decrease refresh rate (from 75 Hz to 60). If it works for you too this would imply a failing monitor only, not GPU.
Cheers I'll give that a try, let you know any results in the morning after my PCs been off for a while ;D

ethanHDH

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019
Heya so I did what you said and set the monitor down from 140Hz to 60Hz and it seems to have worked after 2 8-hour breaks of it being off so thank you for finding the solution quickly for me :D

Heya so I did what you said and set the monitor down from 140Hz to 60Hz and it seems to have worked after 2 8-hour breaks of it being off so thank you for finding the solution quickly for me :D
Well, it's more a workaround then solution though - going down from 140Hz must hurt a lot. Try other frequencies - maybe 120 will work fine too? Either way it seems it is definitely failing monitor. Must be something in electronics that AOC puts in those monitors that causes them fail at high frequencies after some time. Speaking of time - mine failed just after warranty expired - how old is yours?

ethanHDH

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019
Well, it's more a workaround then solution though - going down from 140Hz must hurt a lot. Try other frequencies - maybe 120 will work fine too? Either way it seems it is definitely failing monitor. Must be something in electronics that AOC puts in those monitors that causes them fail at high frequencies after some time. Speaking of time - mine failed just after warranty expired - how old is yours?

I got mine around December 2019, so just over two years old now, I'm not too sure what the warranty is on it or if I ever applied for it

ethanHDH

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019
Oh yeah it seems to be within warranty, but i've heard pretty <Mod Edit> stuff about AOC's warranty fulfilment so I might just use this as an opportunity to upgrade my monitor anyway and keep the other at 60Hz as a new 2nd Monitor.

Thanks for the help again, I really appreciate it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DRagor
Status
Not open for further replies.