Pink Screen When White

stevo5736

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
I have a W1907 that shows pink on anything that is white. Like on this page for example, it will look pink dots. Does anyone know what and why this happens and possibly if it can be fixed

Perhaps you have a bad signal cable, loose connection at either end of the signal cable, the screen is not sufficiently warmed up, or the backlight bulbs could be nearing the end of their life.

On the other hand, have you tested the screen with another computer / device to ensure it's not the device feeding the signal to the screen that is the problem?

stevo5736

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015

It does the same thing when I hook it up to another desktop or laptop.

0106152214.jpg

That is very odd, as your pink coloring is not consistent across the entire image. Have you changed graphics drivers on your computer lately? Maybe it's changed the pixel format being sent to the screen?

When using a different computer as a test, can you also try a different signal cable?

Are you using the D-Sub Analog VGA connection or a DVI connection to your computers? If using the Analog connection, you might need to find the button on the screen that causes it to re-sync to the timing signals for the video feed and see if that helps any.

I notice you are using Google Chrome. Does this happen in other web browsers as well? Do you by chance have NVIDIA branded graphics card, and perhaps 3D Vision enabled? It may be that you need to update your graphics driver. That seems to be the easiest fix I've run across.

Here's a link to the NVIDIA driver download page, if you're running that brand of card:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

AMD drivers:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

In the screen shot you supplied, not everything is pink, or has a pinkish hue. Only certain areas. There was a flaw in Google Chrome, which wasn't necessarily Chrome's fault, but had to do with NVIDIA drivers mistakenly trying to make it into 3D. The fix was to disable 3D Vision or update to a driver version that didn't have the problem.