Pinnacle studio 9 windows 7

gilleeny

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
Pinnicale Studio Version 9....... Windows 7 will not let me open the application
How do I solve this?

Frank Gilleeny
fpg@tampabay.rr.com
p.o. box 197
Floral city florida 34436
sincerely
Frank Gilleeny

Solution
Hay, I have found a way to install Pinnicale Studio 9 on a windows 7 computer although it runs slow (and i mean SLOW)

First, insert your studio 9 install disk into your computer's dvd drive (if any Autorun Windows apear just close them )
Now click START and open COMPUTER, you should see your dvd drive with the pinnicale logo (under ''Devices With Removable Storage).

RIGHT click the dvd drive and select OPEN from the drop down menu.
you should be looking at the files that are on the disk, there should be an application for installing the softwre with a name like Autorun or Install, scroll down the page untill you find it. (I think its near the bottom of the list)

RIGHT click the install application when you find it and select Run As...

jflo458

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011

I am trying to find that out too. I spoke with Compaq tech support and they were trying to find me a trial version or a website that I could buy the upgrade or whatever to make it work and she said there does not seem to be compatible program for my Studio 9. That I just had to buy the new version. And that sucks, though I need an upgrade anyway, I spent some money on 9 a while back and added some more features to unlock for it and I didn't really wanna buy it again. The Ultimate Collection of Stuido 14 looks promising for 129.99. Im thinking of doing that. Good luck.

BigG1512

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
Hay, I have found a way to install Pinnicale Studio 9 on a windows 7 computer although it runs slow (and i mean SLOW)

First, insert your studio 9 install disk into your computer's dvd drive (if any Autorun Windows apear just close them )
Now click START and open COMPUTER, you should see your dvd drive with the pinnicale logo (under ''Devices With Removable Storage).

RIGHT click the dvd drive and select OPEN from the drop down menu.
you should be looking at the files that are on the disk, there should be an application for installing the softwre with a name like Autorun or Install, scroll down the page untill you find it. (I think its near the bottom of the list)

RIGHT click the install application when you find it and select Run As Administrator.

After doing this my computer started the installer and installed Pinnicale to my computer, I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit on an HP Pavilion dv7 Laptop with an AMD Phenom Triple Core Processor.
Pinnicale launches and runs on my computer however as mentioned previously it runs very slow but it could just be my computer's configuration.

Please leave a comment if this works for anyone else.

Solution

gruscalla

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
Hi Big1512

I had the same problem and I made my Pinnacle Studio 9 working applying your instructions. I have a I5 3,2 GHz and SSD HDD 8 Gb RAM. Software run very fast but I found little problems sometimes. It looks like to work by emulation. For example It crashes in full screen mode. In general it works in an average way