Pinout of this LED Header- Which could be Ground

Sep 26, 2018
Hi,
I am going thru MSI B450-PRO-M2 motherboard manual.
The manual can be downloaded here

The 4 pin header pinout is bit confusing. First of all it says single color LED strip and there's no Groung pin. It shows as +12, NC, Signal, NC.

What is Signal pin and which one is supposed to be Ground pin. My single color LED strip has just 2 wires for + & - nothing else. LED Strip did not come with any connector. I will be manually connecting the 2 wires using jumper cables.

Thanks.

LED.png

Solution
I'm assuming the signal pin acts as a ground. So to turn the LEDs on, the signal pin goes low, to turn them off it goes high.

NC would be "no connection".

Lutfij

Titan
Count the pins from left to right, so if pin #1 is to the far left, pin #3 is towards the left. Single color LED's refers to non-addressable RGB strips. Mind sharing a link to your LED strips? If you're talking about the front panel connectors, it should be located around the SATA connections, i.e JFP1 cluster to the bottom of the baord.

Sep 26, 2018
Thanks for your answers. As such the LED strip that I have has been locally purchased from electrical shop. It just come with LED strip and 2 wires. + & -. It's not a true PC RGB Strip. I have done a bit of DIY stuff to it. You connect it to a 12V DC source and it steadily glows. Right now it's connected to a 12V fan header (2 pins +12 & Gnd) on my old AM3 board and it works.

I am referring to this JLED1 header only. Not the Front Panel Header.

I think since 'NC' stands for No Connect. I guess Signal must be the return path. Also since manuals says that it only supports single color LED, I guess it can't even be +12V,R,G,B. So will try plugging it in +12V and whatever that Signal is.

Will keep you posted once I give it a try. I hope it should not break anything. It's a Diode I guess, so if connected wrongly should just open circuit it and nothing more.