Pioneer Intros External "Picture Frame" Blu-Ray Burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Wow. That's... Pointless. It's like sticking a drink holder on a toaster and saying "Look, we've made a new interesting product that gives the people what they want!" In this case, this feature can be replicated with another Blu-ray burner and a few pieces of scotch tape.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Wow. That's... Pointless. It's like sticking a drink holder on a toaster and saying "Look, we've made a new interesting product that gives the people what they want!" In this case, this feature can be replicated with another Blu-ray burner and a few pieces of scotch tape.

DarkZenith

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
If I had known about this product a month ago I would've picked this up vs the lg external I bought as this would've looked far nicer with my media center than the lg. ki am running a silver stone sugo05 that I installed a push/pull dual fan configuration on a closed loop water cooler (Corsair H60) so there is no room for a slimline drive to be installed anymore. This would've made a needed device double as a living room decoration which is awesome. I think (mostly) the ladies will like this product in my situation. Of how about the cubical worker with limited space, this would be great for them. One of my buddies has a work policy of no putting pictures on the walls so has limited desk space. If he needed a blueray burner this would be good. Families and all that :)

MKBL

Splendid
Nov 17, 2011
From marketing perspective, this picture frame feature is not an essential selling point. I don't know how much cost it added to the total BOM and manufacturing cost, but if Pioneer doesn't charge consumers exorbitant additional price just because of this cosmetic feature, I would see this as a nice addendum.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
LOL dang, a lot of negative comments in here. I see no problem with a company adding options onto their products. It may not be ground breaking but it's still an option you didn't have before and one that doesn't change the footprint of the entire system. If it costs the same as their late products, why would you complain about having another feature? I guess I don't get the hate.

_BigHead_

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Completely agree with deftonian.
Its one of those things where someone in marketing thought, how can we make a previously unattractive, desktop placed item easier on the eyes and much more desireable. HMMM. Put a picture frame in it. Why not?
If i have to have an external blu-ray burner on my desk, heck ya i'm going to want to put a picture on the side of it so i can look at something i want, not just a box that burns data.

Lastly, to the people asking about who/why/the need for burning blu-rays... To me, its a fantastic cost-oriented external backup option. small form factor makes it easy to fit a lot data in a bank vault somewhere. Removable HDD at your home for easy backup, and then burn backups for a vault, or heck even some "archival" copies of your favorite blu-ray films.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Yeah, It looks real easy to knock over and break.
Might pick one up when they get to Big Lots, which they will.
Love all the prissy commenters that need matching everything...
Variety is the Spice of Life.
You can always put a 'real' picture frame in front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS