[SOLVED] Pioneer VSX-D811S Amp Error

Apr 11, 2020
I'm 15, so as you can probably guess from how old this thing is, I have no clue what's wrong with it. It hasnt been used in forever, I'd say 10 years or less, and I just moved it into my room. I hooked up speakers to it with the copper cables, in the right slots, negative and positive. Then I turned it on. The display turned on for about 5 seconds then it turned off and won't turn on after a couple minutes. Could it be that it's an old piece of hardware and it's at the end of it's lifespan or is it something I'm doing? Is it even worth trying to fix?

Solution
It's not anything you are doing, likely just the electronics like capacitors have failed (some things tend to leak even when just sitting in storage). If it's worth for you to learn about the electronics in it and testing it and buying some small parts to fix it, sure. If it's worth for you to pay someone to fix it, no.
It's not anything you are doing, likely just the electronics like capacitors have failed (some things tend to leak even when just sitting in storage). If it's worth for you to learn about the electronics in it and testing it and buying some small parts to fix it, sure. If it's worth for you to pay someone to fix it, no.

Solution