Pixar Names Campus Building After Steve Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Honestly, i'm not a fan of Jobs, or Apple, but this is right. Jobs invested something like 5 million into Pixar while they were still a floundering start up, any other investor would have cut them off long before we saw such masterpieces as Toy Story, Wall-e, or Cars.

If nothing else, this was deserved.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]spartanmk2[/nom]"The Shameless About Stealing Great Ideas Building" sounds better.[/citation]

Care to elaborate? Or just spouting non-sense like most do?

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
God why!! Jobs DID NOT create or found Pixar, that right goes to the sellout George Lucas. All Jobs did was buy it off Lucas at a cut rate while Lucas was going through a less than amicable split with his wife.
Just like everything else Jobs has ever done, this was just another instance of buying something and then taking all the credit.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
[citation][nom]spartanmk2[/nom]"The Shameless About Stealing Great Ideas Building" sounds better.[/citation]

Dude. Dont be such a jerk. They named a building after an incredibly influential dead person that helped found their company.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished

Also, whos great ideas did Pixar steal? I'm pretty sure Pixar innovated and created a whole new genre of animation.

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Without Jobs putting his own money into Pixar it would've went under. You're blind hatred of someone shows how ignorant you are.[/citation]

Guess your not familiar with Steve Jobs quotes eh?

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Without Jobs putting his own money into Pixar it would've went under. You're blind hatred of someone shows how ignorant you are.[/citation]

Mainly its iHaters hating on anything Apple related....heh.

idono

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
[citation][nom]brickman[/nom]Best thing Steve Jobs ever did was Pixar[/citation]

It's more the principal of naming a building of someone that isn't great and even contributet verry little to societys evolution. They should have named it after someone more usefull and less a jerk with a stick up his ass. Someone like Dennis Ritchie.

ultameca

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
I have to say there is something wrong with you iHaters, you are just so cruel & rude, get over it. I'm so happy that you guys are starting to peter out on toms hardware and Anandtech because I'm sick of seeing your nasty comments. I'm typing this from a Windows 7 PC hooked up to an apple display and typing on an apple keyboard.

So far the comments I see are mostly ignorant and it's obvious for everyone to see, we all know. You people claim to be tech enthusiasts and say Apple doesn't innovate on products like the iPad & iPhone 5 just because they don't look different enough on the outside. Some of us are enthusiasts and care about the fact that the hardware is almost twice as fast on the CPU, GFX and the wifi chips. AMD for example is looking for, I believe it was 20% performance boost every year right now and I don't see you people hating AMD for not innovating enough. As a side I have to ask if a design is already really good, why does it have to change? A lot of people have already expressed the feeling they liked the iPhone 4 look better than the newer look.

Personally I found the articles interesting where toms speculated on how it was even possible for apple to do that with those chips and keep the same power consumption.

I only made this comment because it is so sad that you people are behaving this way and I do really look forward to the day when your comments of hate peter our completely and they will as they already are starting to.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]idono[/nom]It's more the principal of naming a building of someone that isn't great and even contributet verry little to societys evolution. They should have named it after someone more usefull and less a jerk with a stick up his ass. Someone like Dennis Ritchie.[/citation]
They named it after someone who was extremely important to their company, I can see why they did it and honestly I approve. Not all buildings have to be named after worldwide influential people, sometimes they are named after those who helped the people who built the building. Steve Jobs wasn't the nicest guy but without his help there would be no Pixar, he saw what Pixar could be with some help and did it something no other person was willing to do at the time.

nuvon

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
These iHaters really make people sick!!!! Who are you? Have you contributed anything significant to the world, society, or even just the town that you idiot lives in? NO, absolutely nothing! If you did, you wouldn't make such a stupid and sickening comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.