Question Pixel issues after switching from AMD to NVIDIA GPU ?

Jul 7, 2024
Hey everyone,

I recently switched from an AMD graphics card to an NVIDIA one, and since the change, I've been noticing some pixel issues in my games. The graphics seem to be less smooth, and certain elements look more pixelated than they did before. I've tried updating drivers, adjusting in-game settings, and even tweaking the NVIDIA Control Panel, but nothing seems to fix the problem. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any suggestions on how to resolve it?

View: https://imgur.com/a/qEsrWB6

This is just one example

Thanks in advance for your help!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(intel, Nvidia and AMD) in Safe Mode prior to making the swap to an Nvidia card?

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Also mention what card you had prior and what card you upgraded to since there a lot of GPU's from past and present.

Jul 7, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(intel, Nvidia and AMD) in Safe Mode prior to making the swap to an Nvidia card?

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Also mention what card you had prior and what card you upgraded to since there a lot of GPU's from past and present.
After the new gpu I made fresh window.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8x 4.6GHz
CPU cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock Slim
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500 FX

SSD: 1TB Kingston NV2

MOBO: Asus B550M-A Wifi II
Ram: 16GB DDR4-RAM PC-3200
GPU: 4080 super ProArt
Monitor: Zowie XL2540K
My PSU is be quiet! System Power 10 850 Watt (80+ Gold) (1 year old)
BIOS version: 3607

I had an RX 7900 XTX, but unfortunately, every game I tried to play kept crashing. I couldn't find a solution, so I ended up returning it.

After that I used my old GTX 970, which served me well but was definitely showing its age with newer games. After a short period I decided to upgrade to the 4080 Super.

I also tried DDU, didnt help.

Jul 7, 2024
I am beginning to suspect that the new GPU might be faulty, but I wanted to get your opinion before taking further action. Could there be something else I should be looking into, or do these symptoms typically indicate a defective GPU?

Any advice or suggestions you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

-Games are rendering very slowly
-Objects in the distance aren’t rendering correctly or at all, which is affecting the overall gameplay experience.
-Objects are passing through each other, which wasn’t an issue with my old GPU.
-Overall, the graphics in games look worse than before, like more pixelated than before.

I bought the GPU 1 week ago