Pixel Shader 2.0

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustpuppy

Distinguished
May 29, 2009

The 9400GT & 9500GT are good through SM 4.0 ie DirectX 10.

Mixing old hardware with new becomes progressively risky as time goes on. Can't say they'd work, and I will say performance won't be good. IMO waste of money, but if somebody has $70 and just absolutely doesn't want to buy a new box...

iceman412

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
*** *** *** ers *** them. I paid for nothing. My computer apparently is to old to play it since it's a 2003 computer.

G

Im in exactly the same position.
iv tryed searching the internet, and apprently you can download driver detective which is meant to upgrade your card.

but as i havent got a card, only my moms, i cant find a way to pay for this.

so i am also looking for a cheap video card! ill let you know if i find something! x

xx

Ninjamaster_255

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
i Have a question of my own if i just buy a new computer will it be able to run the pixel shader and i won't have to worry about any of this stuff

5h4yn3

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
ok i just baught a cheap graphics card from craigslist... but it still seems to not work...
the card is an NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 with a 64MB memory size

does this graphics card really not support pixel shader 2.0?

G

I have the same problem as you. i brought sims 3 dowloaded it fine went to play (Very excited) as its suppose to be a really good game, and i had a pop-up saying "Please upgrade your video card" i was devestated !! Anyone please help ! thanks x

G

Are all you guys from America, Because i looked at that newegg and its in $$$ and im actaully English ! Hahah ! I know nothing about computers and laptops. I have a Laptop, a toshbia one like a bit like this..http://www.technotalks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/toshibatecra-r10-112.jpg . Every time i go to play it, it says "Device 0 cannot run this title. Your video card does not appear to support at least shader model 2. Please upgrade your card." I really Want help with this, i love all the sims game and im only borrowing it from a friend and my mother wnats to buy it me for xmas but if it dosnt work then thers no poin. However if you guys help me then that would be Lovely ! Remeber no computer terms because i know nothing about PC'S ! Thanks Guys and gals :] x

Are all you guys from America, Because i looked at that newegg and its in $$$ and im actaully English ! Hahah ! I know nothing about computers and laptops. I have a Laptop, a toshbia one like a bit like this..http://www.technotalks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/toshibatecra-r10-112.jpg . Every time i go to play it, it says "Device 0 cannot run this title. Your video card does not appear to support at least shader model 2. Please upgrade your card." I really Want help with this, i love all the sims game and im only borrowing it from a friend and my mother wnats to buy it me for xmas but if it dosnt work then thers no poin. However if you guys help me then that would be Lovely ! Remeber no computer terms because i know nothing about PC'S ! Thanks Guys and gals :] x
If you are using a laptop then you're out of luck as it is not possible to upgrade the graphics usually, sorry.

G

I have also got the Sims 3, but my video card doesn't support Shader Model 2. I have a Radeon 9250 Series from ATI Technologies Inc. with 256MB. Is it possible for me to upgrade this to have Shader Model 2 or do I need to buy a new video card.

xrodney

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I have also got the Sims 3, but my video card doesn't support Shader Model 2. I have a Radeon 9250 Series from ATI Technologies Inc. with 256MB. Is it possible for me to upgrade this to have Shader Model 2 or do I need to buy a new video card.
That would i call bad luck as ati 9250 is last version that dont have shaders 2.0+ (would need at least 9500 model)

skyeblue

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
I am having the exact same problem. I have the Nvidia 6200 OC PCI and it still doens't support sims 3. everytime I try to create a custom content sims it shuts down. Can I upgarde my computer's video card to support the 2.0 pixel shader?

G

I have been working on this problem for several weeks and have solved the shader issue by using a graphics card greater than 7600 and in fact the ones that work are the MSI 8400GT or the nvidia 8400GT or their 9400GT cards mind you Im using 40 dell optiplex GX620 if you have additional problems call me at 904-229-1040

shinoogie

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
i recently got a game called League of Legends and when i tried to play it
it said "Your graphics card or driver does not support shader model 2.0. Please make sure your video card supports shader model 2.0 and that it is using drivers from the manufacture"

what should i do???

and i have a
Sony VAIO PCV-RS310 Desktop (2.40-GHz Pentium 4, 256 MB RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive, DVD-RW/CD-RW Drive, CD-ROM Drive)
computer with an
intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV graphics controller

Status
Not open for further replies.