Pixel Shader 5.1 Upgrade?

valentasl

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
Hey guys!
I have a GeForce Titan 6GB graphics card recently installed and I'm currently downloading a game called Black Desert Online. The screenshots looked overwhelmingly high quality so I decided to check if my setup can run it. So I used the site Can You Run It? and it said that I need pixel shader 5.1 and Vertex shader 5.1 while I have 5.0 of both... So I'm wondering if it is going to affect my fps alot? I have everything else maxed out except for processor wich is Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz when they're asking for Intel Core i5-650 3.2GHz... I realise I'd have to buy a new one just wondering if it means I'll have to upgrade my GPU aswell... :/ Thank you in advance!

Solution
No it won't stop you from playing the game or really impact how the game looks or plays. When there's a change in DirectX and related technologies, it takes years for the new features to even start to get used properly. It takes longer for those features to become required. Directx 12 came out two years ago, does anyone need a DX12 card to play a game today? No. That gives you some idea of how long these things take to become important.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

your gpu wont matter at all if your cpu is below minimum

its long past time for a complete system upgrade to properly use the titan

you literally have a donkey cart with a rocket strapped on to it, you are not going to fly

No it won't stop you from playing the game or really impact how the game looks or plays. When there's a change in DirectX and related technologies, it takes years for the new features to even start to get used properly. It takes longer for those features to become required. Directx 12 came out two years ago, does anyone need a DX12 card to play a game today? No. That gives you some idea of how long these things take to become important.

Solution