[SOLVED] Pixelated display after installing AMD Drivers

thesser89

Honorable
Mar 9, 2014
I just built a new PC. Before installing AMD video drivers, the display looks perfect (1080p). After installing new drivers, the display is pixelated and slight flickering of letters and certain objects. The odd thing is that I hooked it up with the same HDMI cable to another display and it's perfect, so I'm guessing I can rule out the graphics card. Resolution is native and changing the scale, color signal, or resolution does nothing. Cleartext does nothing as it is not just text that is pixelated. The 2 displays I've tried are Vizio TVs, with the older TV being my main display that has the problem.

Spec:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Corsair Vengeance 16 GB Ram 3000mhz
MSI RX 590 Fat Boy 8GB
750 Watt PSU
Samsung Evo 970 (M.2) and 950 SSD

Solution
So after more research and playing around with settings I realized my monitor was showing up as "generic pnp monitor". Although I could not fix this, after a DDU clean and fresh install of AMD drivers, I switched the color signal from Ycbcr to Full RGB and it fixed the issue.
Tgn0zJF

thesser89

Honorable
Mar 9, 2014
So after more research and playing around with settings I realized my monitor was showing up as "generic pnp monitor". Although I could not fix this, after a DDU clean and fresh install of AMD drivers, I switched the color signal from Ycbcr to Full RGB and it fixed the issue.
Tgn0zJF

Solution

pc_builder

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002
Hello Thesser89, I have had artifacting issues in the past with AMD video drivers and it only started after AMD took over ATI and started making their own drivers. I finally gave up after spending money on three new AMD cards and all had the same artifacting problem like you experienced. I finally gave up and went over to GTX video cards, which ALWAYS work perfectly in all my systems I build. Where do you find that setting to change from color signal Ycbcr to Full RGB because I am wondering if that might have been the same problem for me!?! Thanks.

thesser89

Honorable
Mar 9, 2014
pc_builder,

Open AMD Radeon. Click the display tab. Click Pixel Format.

Ironically my problem occurred again after a restart. The solution for me was correcting the refresh rate in my monitor properties under device manager. It was set to 59 hz when it should have been 60 hz. Once I changed this my display looked perfect.