[SOLVED] Pixelated Display

SkarMC

Commendable
Jul 10, 2020
I just finished putting together my computer (first build) and everything is pixelated I have tried scaling, resolution, updating/uninstalling drivers, calibration, and clean text. It displays fine on other displays but my old computer (that I still use) displays the same resolution just fine on the same monitor. (Monitor is a TV with HDMI and VGA ports, Old computer uses VGA new computer uses HDMI).

Motherboard: ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming

Solution
You are probably seeing the difference between the VGA analog signal and your HDMI digital signal. Are you running on the native resolution of the TV? Is the refresh rate set to 60 or whatever your TV can handle at your resolution? TVs often have much worse image scaling and processing for computers than monitors do. Many people find that VGA signals produce a smoother less jagged image, especially in text, than digital signals, this is even more true for cheaper displays.
You are probably seeing the difference between the VGA analog signal and your HDMI digital signal. Are you running on the native resolution of the TV? Is the refresh rate set to 60 or whatever your TV can handle at your resolution? TVs often have much worse image scaling and processing for computers than monitors do. Many people find that VGA signals produce a smoother less jagged image, especially in text, than digital signals, this is even more true for cheaper displays.

Reactions: SkarMC
Solution