[SOLVED] Pixelated parts images/game graphics

Jan 21, 2021
Hello,

Today I've come across an annoying problem. During my playthrough of Hitman III I've started noticing that parts of the game's graphics were looking awfully jagged/pixelated, even though i was playing on high settings with AA on x16 etc. I tried googling for a solution as I thought it was solely game's fault, but then I noticed that other things on my display we're similarly pixelated and jagged, like photos on my facebook/twitter feed, icons on the desktop, even streamer's facecams live. Curiously enough, it seems that only images are affected because text and fonts are looking perfectly good. It almost feels like its random.

Here I post a link to a screenshot of how it looks in world of warcraft on maxed out settings with resolution 1920x1080 60Hz and the resolution scale set to 100% as it should be: View: https://imgur.com/a/xmCV3L0

I also included a screenshot of a splash art in Battle.net launcher, you can see how jagged head of the character is. That said, you can see that the character in game is blurry, but if I zoom in close enough it looks perfectly fine, it just seems like draw distance is very low, but it isn't. It's maxed out.

Does anybody know how to fix that? it's getting very annoying.

My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with the latest drivers(which I also updated today but I'm not sure whether this is causing the issue as I rolledback and problem persisted.)

I also noticed that integrated graphics started to pop up in device manager even though I have a dedicated card in, I tried disabling it in device manager but it kept coming back after restart, only after I disabled integrated graphics in BIOS it wouldn't come back.

Am I right to suspect that my GPU is closer to it's final days?

Many thanks for any help or advice.

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
I also noticed that integrated graphics started to pop up in device manager even though I have a dedicated card in, I tried disabling it in device manager but it kept coming back after restart, only after I disabled integrated graphics in BIOS it wouldn't come back.
iGPU only get disabled when you disable it from BIOS. device manager wont help you.

also have you tried switching to iGPU? does pixelation also ocours there?

Jan 21, 2021
iGPU only get disabled when you disable it from BIOS. device manager wont help you.

also have you tried switching to iGPU? does pixelation also ocours there?
I disabled iGPU permanently from BIOS, what I meant is that it just kept showing up in device manager after PC restart before that.

Also I didn't notice the pixelation in BIOS as its mostly black and white themed text so it's hard to spot, and as I said, fonts looks fine.

Anyways, I tried to fix the issue throughout the night but eventually gave up. First thing this morning I did was to swap HDMI cable and it seemed to fix the problem as I see no pixelation on desktop and on browser now.

I am not 100% sure that the reason was a faulty HDMI cable, as the pixelation occured on my 2nd monitor aswell that was connected via DVI port.

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
I disabled iGPU permanently from BIOS, what I meant is that it just kept showing up in device manager after PC restart before that.

Also I didn't notice the pixelation in BIOS as its mostly black and white themed text so it's hard to spot, and as I said, fonts looks fine.

Anyways, I tried to fix the issue throughout the night but eventually gave up. First thing this morning I did was to swap HDMI cable and it seemed to fix the problem as I see no pixelation on desktop and on browser now.

I am not 100% sure that the reason was a faulty HDMI cable, as the pixelation occured on my 2nd monitor aswell that was connected via DVI port.
pixelation generally ocours due to drivers(as much as i know). may be some other reasons of yours
when did it started?
now enable your iGPU from bios ,change port and check weather pixelation happens on your iGPU also?

Jan 21, 2021
pixelation generally ocours due to drivers(as much as i know). may be some other reasons of yours
when did it started?
now enable your iGPU from bios ,change port and check weather pixelation happens on your iGPU also?

So the issue went away for few hours after i changed HDMI cable but it came back recently.

I did as you asked, I unplugged my dedicated GPU completely, booted PC without it then I enabled iGPU in bios back but the issue is still here even on integrated graphics.

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
So the issue went away for few hours after i changed HDMI cable but it came back recently.

I did as you asked, I unplugged my dedicated GPU completely, booted PC without it then I enabled iGPU in bios back but the issue is still here even on integrated graphics.
so i think its not something related to gpu.
have you tried reinstalling drivers using DDU?

Jan 21, 2021
so i think its not something related to gpu.
have you tried reinstalling drivers using DDU?
yes I have, I did that in safe mode aswell.

Check your motherboard memory for errors with memtest86.

I did the memtest and it has shown no errors. View: https://imgur.com/EdurHaV
sorry for a phone made picture but I couldn't save it through the program for some reason.