Planetside Next Arriving in March 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.

endoftheline2

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
Really like the concept of the first planet side. With some improvements and tweaking it could have been really good. Hopefully this game delivers on that.

baseline

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2005
Planetside was very cool, until they started tweaking the game adding in BFR's and some of the other unbalanced additions that were made. Planetside had some of the most amazing open field battles of any game out there and the battles for a single bridge or capital could be nothing short of Epic.

yzfr1guy

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
Here's hoping Planetside Next is much better than the last lousy game. Anyone remember Tribes I or the better Tribes II? I miss that MMOFPS!

kin3000

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
Played the original Planetside and the first expansion. Was really fun and original for its time. I think the concepts from Planetside are really good, 3 unique factions, leveling system, unique weapons/vehicles per faction was great. However, after the BFR's came out, balancing between vehicles became a huge issue and around there is when I stopped playing. If they can improve on the original concept (and there are improvements that can be made), they should have a real contender in the oversaturated MMO space.

SVoyager

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004
omfg yes!!!! I really liked the original idea, never saw any other mmofps like it. Right now, its a big nightmare in there with all the hackers and no devloppement. I really hope that this time SOE will learn from the mistakes they made and hope they dont lose faith in PS Next. If PS still had some constant dev and upgrades, it would still be alive today.

This news made my day. On the other hand, Kevin, you are guilty of making my next few months an agonizingly slow wait! YEAH PS NEXT IS STILL ALIVE!!!!

G

Ditto svoyager, it was hard to hold onto the game with the occasional hacker. But then hour long battles were destroyed when a guy could hack a base, steal an LLU and capture the base in around 5 seconds. I loved planetside back in the day, running a massive outfit is a joy I haven't been able to find again in my own life.

I hope they really focused on the gameplay, balancing on weapons and vehicles, and over all objectives. I remember the whole thing where they had a story line to the game 'the bending', I thought it was ridiculous and likely a tremendous waste of resources on their part. Who could count the number of times people chanted for old oshur to return. Oh well.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I'm skeptical since the game hasn't been announced, yet it's supposedly coming out in 3 months. I never bothered with the first game. A monthly fee for an MMORPG is bad enough. I'm not going to pay to play an FPS each month.

G

Played and loved the original until it started becoming a ghost town of hackers. Huge 100v100v100 three sides fights for a base were awesome.

G

While I hated BFRs with a passion, they were easy to deal with. All you needed really was a mosi, deci and a couple emp grenades. Still it was a highly annoying and broken mechanic. Honestly though I believe the biggest mistake was the implementation of Core Combat. I loved fighting in the caves, but large fights in the caves were rare and even the "large" fights were just skirmishes here and there.

G

Everyone keeps saying the game is dead. That is entirely not true. As a matter of fact we were three people away from a population lock on cyssor Sunday night. :)

I sincerely hope it is Planetside but I highly doubt they are going to release it without giving it the proper PR and advertising this time. If people don't know about it, no one will know to play it. BFR's are not going to be in PS:Next as stated by Smed And current subscribers are first in line for the beta :D. So damnit reup your subscription and last have one last hoorah before the end ! :D

mooch37

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
[citation][nom]yzfr1guy[/nom]Here's hoping Planetside Next is much better than the last lousy game. Anyone remember Tribes I or the better Tribes II? I miss that MMOFPS![/citation]

I don't know if you're trying to be a troll or maybe you just don't realize it. Sure, at first, Planetside had some major flaws. About mid-way, they fixed a lot of it. And then at the end, they added BFR's. I, personally, didn't think BFR's were all that bad. It was probably one of the most rewarding things if you could take one out.

And the reason I think you're a troll is cause your trying to compare tribes to planetside. Yes, they're both "shooting games", but they are very different types of games. And tribes is no MMO...

G

I don't see what the deal with bfr, at release they were overpowered but then they fixed them, no it's just an easy kill, Unless im driving it :) VS Eclispe killing machine, i often end up 30/0 with 30k exp, but still and easy kill with jammer and decimator, anyway CANT WAIT FOR PSN been waiting for so long :)

VS DarkDamnit

G

Wow, nothing compares to what Planetside gives. You can have a tangible impact on the world no matter how you choose to support the fight. I remember piloting the Galaxy in there and dropping an entire squad of infantry, 2 MAXs, and a light vehicle to initiate contact and take a base. Those were the days, I have been wishing for another Planetside for years now. Here's to wishing the dev team all the best in building this game and making it great.

Status
Not open for further replies.