[SOLVED] Planning new PC

nyxanna

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
I am planning on building a new PC once Black Friday comes along and want some input on these choices.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/sjRhgJ
Please tell me if you have any suggestions for improvements.

What I wonder is that, since the 3950X CPU is coming out soon, would it be wise to see if it is better than the 9900K?
I don't mind paying more if it ends up being better.

Solution
I think both Corsair and Gigabyte do RGB RAM with dummy modules but to be honest you are going for a fairly good high end build so 32GB should not be an issue especially as RAM has come down so much in price...Overall it is a mighty gaming build with about as good as it gets gaming performance with the 9900K matched to a RTX 2080Ti....

funnily enough I did the same as I kept looking at the two empty slots and I gave in and filled them with an extra 16GB matched Corsair Vengeance RGM RAM...did I need it no! but it looks great!
I think both Corsair and Gigabyte do RGB RAM with dummy modules but to be honest you are going for a fairly good high end build so 32GB should not be an issue especially as RAM has come down so much in price...Overall it is a mighty gaming build with about as good as it gets gaming performance with the 9900K matched to a RTX 2080Ti....

funnily enough I did the same as I kept looking at the two empty slots and I gave in and filled them with an extra 16GB matched Corsair Vengeance RGM RAM...did I need it no! but it looks great!

Solution

nyxanna

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011

The only thing that bugs me is that the 3950X Ryzen will come out on the 28th and it could be better than the 9900K. If that is the case I would want to change my CPU and motherboard which means I also need different RAM since I heard they need high Mhz RAM.

The only thing that bugs me is that the 3950X Ryzen will come out on the 28th and it could be better than the 9900K. If that is the case I would want to change my CPU and motherboard which means I also need different RAM since I heard they need high Mhz RAM.

Good point and it really depends at what resolution you are playing at. If you are just after ultra settings and high refresh the 9900K will be good and for some time to come on the other hand if you are after 2k/4k then it really does not matter and the 3950X may well be the better bet..