Planning to upgrade my GPU

Heimerdonger

Reputable
Jul 13, 2015
Hi Guys. I'm planning on upgrading my gpu and I kinda need your help on this one, I'm not a tech wiz. My present gpu is Inno3d Gt 730 4gb 128 bit.
I'll be honest, the only reason I bought this gpu is because of the 4gb memo config it has. I was also bummed when I found out that it only has 96 cuda cores... Well it's still a pretty good gpu but like any other gamer, I also thirst for power.

I usually play games like leauge of legends, dota2, 7 days to die and so on. The reason I want to upgrade my gpu is because I wanna try out games like Dead Rising 3 and Gta V and games like these are quite demanding.

I scouted for gpu's and i found out cool one's like the gpu Asus GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5. I don't know if it's compatible with my mobo though.

btw, here is my current pc build:

Case: Aerocool V3 Evil Blue
Cpu: Intel core i5 - 4440 3.10 ghz
Mobo: Asus H-81M-A
Ram: Kingston Hyperx 1600 mhz 4gb ddr3 (2x)
Gpu: Inno3d Gt 730 4gb 128 bit
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500 gb 7200 rpm
PSU: Can't remember the name but it's a 500 Watt psu

Thank you very much in advance guys! And if you have any other recommendations on what part I can also upgrade to make my gaming experience smoother, please write down your suggestions. Thank you! :)

Solution
Yes, the GTX 760 is compatible. Any card that fits a PCIe x16 slot is compatible. And as you found out, VRAM size has nothing to do with power. That is simply the card's ability to produce higher A-A, FoD, textures, etc on large resolution displays. Most games at 1080p barely use 2GB VRAM w/max settings. Although that is changing...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, the GTX 760 is compatible. Any card that fits a PCIe x16 slot is compatible. And as you found out, VRAM size has nothing to do with power. That is simply the card's ability to produce higher A-A, FoD, textures, etc on large resolution displays. Most games at 1080p barely use 2GB VRAM w/max settings. Although that is changing...

Solution