Question Planning to upgrade windows 8.1 32 bit to windows 10 64 bit for toshiba satellite L755 B940 processor.

funnyguys

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2015
I am using Toshiba satellite L755 with B940 processor which having 6gb ram along with 500gb hdd.
My current os is windows 8.1 32 bit (64 bit processor). I want to upgrade to windows 10 64 bit. How can i update and will my configuration support windows 10? Kindly help me to upgrade.

funnyguys

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2015
The processor isn't supported by Windows 10;
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006105/processors.html
^ in case you don't see it, your Pentium is from the Sandy Bridge era.

You might want to retire your laptop since it's too slow for 2024's usages.
Win 10 will almost certainly run on that system.

However....

1. There is no more free upgrade from Win 8.1 to 10.
2. 32bit to 64bit is a full wipe and reinstall. Not a simple inplace upgrade.
but in above url it is saying not supported , but your saying it can be possible, little bit confused..

USAFRet

Titan
but in above url it is saying not supported , but your saying it can be possible, little bit confused..
Not officially supported, but Win 10 is/was very lenient about older hardware.

ubuysa

Distinguished
Supported or not, Windows 10 in 6GB on an HDD is going to be horrible. Plus, Windows 10 is EOL next October so you're swapping a dead OS for one that will be dead soon, and on a platform that is archaic. You'll be disappointed for sure, just buy a modern replacement.

Windows 10 would work.
It works even on Intel Atom cpus, that are way weaker than Pentium B940.

But yes - experience will not be optimal.
1st you really want to upgrade to SSD.
2nd if you install windows 10 and are not satisfied with performance,
then you could install 64bit windows 8.1