Question plastic HDD mounting brackets

Nexovec

Reputable
Aug 7, 2020
Hello friends,
I have an old case with 7-8 places for HDDs and I'm making it into a NAS. However I need this little plastic doohickey to mount the HDDs in, and there is not enough of them, so I'd like to buy/make more of them. I think the case is Coolermaster N300, but I couldn't identify the part.
Therefore I'm asking for your help in identifying the part in the photos. More PHOTOS ARE HERE(links into google photos).
LKyUaNG.jpeg

Solution
FYI:

Case Fasteners

Expensive. 2 for $17.00 USD.

Do not appear well made and may be one of those "features" that was quietly dropped along the way.

Overall, I would not trust plastic fasteners to securely hold the HDDs.

Although the fasteners seem handy and useful the trade-offs may not be worth it in the long run.

Heat, vibrations, etc. likely having an overall adverse on the plastic.

I would just use standard screws to mount the HDD's. Keeps things simple and it is likely that you have plenty of screws available. Saves money as well.

Hopefully the HDDs would not need to be swapped out or replaced very often.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Ralston18

Titan
FYI:

Case Fasteners

Expensive. 2 for $17.00 USD.

Do not appear well made and may be one of those "features" that was quietly dropped along the way.

Overall, I would not trust plastic fasteners to securely hold the HDDs.

Although the fasteners seem handy and useful the trade-offs may not be worth it in the long run.

Heat, vibrations, etc. likely having an overall adverse on the plastic.

I would just use standard screws to mount the HDD's. Keeps things simple and it is likely that you have plenty of screws available. Saves money as well.

Hopefully the HDDs would not need to be swapped out or replaced very often.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Solution