Play Xbox 360 disk games on emulator?

silverwolf1

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014
So I have the Halo Reach disk, but my xbox 360 isn't working. The emulators I have looked at need you to download an iso, but i dont have much space left on my hard drive. Is there a way to play xbox 360 games through an emulator from the disk?

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished
As far as I know (but take this with a grain of salt as things could have changed since the last time I looked into this though it's unlikely), there aren't any good Xbox 360 or PS3 emulators out there yet. Most of the ones you see are either fake or just so basic and without functionality that it's not worth downloading. This is for two reasons: The architecture of an Xbox 360 and PS3 (the latter especially) is too complex and powerful to emulate efficiently, and as such any ones that are real simply don't work well in the number of games it can play and are terrible on performance. The second reason is, I think, modern security measures implemented into the 7th generation of consoles (excluding the Wii) prevent emulation more than previous consoles.

Of course, who knows what's changed. All I know of that's real is Xenia, and according to Wikipedia all it's capable of is "playing the 2008 Xbox Live Arcade title Frogger 2 at a low framerate."