Players Are The Real Villains in WoW: Mists of Pandaria

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]jaber2[/nom]For all you PVP QQ's, go find another fucking game, we don't need you and never wanted you, see if you can keep a pvp game running for as long as wow has been around.[/citation]

If PvE wasn't brought down to crap in WoW then PvP wouldn't be the only thing worth doing. Of course, now they both suck, but at least they are on par with each other and you can complain about other people complaining. I and many others spent a lot of money of the game and to see it become this garbage is a slap to the face by Blizzard. How much money has Blizzard gotten out of me after years of playing that game? What do I get for being a loyal player? A game that's almost not even worth playing and getting progressively worse every expansion after BC.

At least Wrath had a lot of high points, Cata didn't have the coolness factor and shake down that Wrath brought in. Wrath brought a new class and reminded us of one of the key characters of the whole franchise as of the last decade, Arthas. It reminded us that there is a huge undead force and that the Plaguelands aren't just there to fight undead for the heck of t, that there was more to come and it came. Wrath also brought the Dragons into the fold even more and built upon the already incredible Dwarven lore with the Earthen and the Titans.

Cata had a great idea, loosing Deathwing/Neltharion on us after we've been fighting his minions ever since vanilla, but ruined it (thus far, I need to level all the way up to 85 before making a complete decision) with these massive nerfs, quest helper (how do I disable it?! Stupid settings aren't working), and jsut overall dumbing it down more than Wrath already did.

PvE has suffered more than PvP has.

amstech

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
WoW is trying to please everyone.
This is impossible.

As far as all the people dissing WoW, for a 5 year old game with difficult learning curves to what it is now, its been vastly improved.
Visually, if you can run the game maxed on Ultra, it actually looks OK for what it is.

I think the real issue is, Wrath of the Lich King was a great expansion with great patches and raids. People are wanting this type of thing again and its just not going to happen, people are expecting too much.

The game is still full of little queer bate teen's who knock anyones DPS that is nothing short of stellar and ruin trade chat, but if your in a good guild and enjoy the game for what it is, it's still alot of fun and I can see WoW hanging around for atleast 2-3 more years.

[citation][nom]amstech[/nom]WoW is trying to please everyone. This is impossible.As far as all the people dissing WoW, for a 5 year old game with difficult learning curves to what it is now, its been vastly improved.Visually, if you can run the game maxed on Ultra, it actually looks OK for what it is.I think the real issue is, Wrath of the Lich King was a great expansion with great patches and raids. People are wanting this type of thing again and its just not going to happen, people are expecting too much.The game is still full of little queer bate teen's who knock anyones DPS that is nothing short of stellar and ruin trade chat, but if your in a good guild and enjoy the game for what it is, it's still alot of fun and I can see WoW hanging around for atleast 2-3 more years.[/citation]

Really, my problem with WoW now is more the talent trees and nerfs than anything else (although there are less pressing problems). Despite it's nerfs, I did like Wrath and I even liked it more than BC. However, nerfing a game that's already been nerfed does not a great game make.

I have no problem with how WoW looks. I'm sure that the game will last for a few years yet because once most of the non-casual gamers have left, well, that's most of the gamers who actually care about it's problem. Basically, I think that the rate of people leaving WoW will eventually slow down a lot. It's still a little fun, but it's not a lot of fun anymore. I mean seriously, almost any game is better than no game. However, it does not hold up against other games nearly as well as it used to (at least not in my opinion).

Some of the *conversations* going on in the trade chat are absolutely hilarious (some guys kept going on about bacon for several hours, it seems to be a recurring theme for many topics). Some of them aren't so great (most of them aren't too good), but a few are truly funny. I didn't play Wrath enough to get good gear (I stopped after I got sick of playing for hours on end for weeks and getting next to nothing as I watch everyone else in every group get something, it's very frustrating to be so unlucky with the drops for whatever reason), but I did enjoy it and my skill more than made up for it in PvP and as a tank in the heroic dungeons.

Knowing how to play well has always been more important than having the top gear and I'll stand by that as a fact. However, Cata allows even noob players to do fairly well despite playing very poorly. Despite the very bad tank in the dungeon I was in that I mentioned earlier, there were no deaths. When someone doesn't even think to wait for their healer to drink for mana before jumping into boss and mob fights, yet doesn't die or get some other punishment for it, it's kinda annoying. Next time I might not be nice enough to run in and save them fast enough for the same thing to be repeated over and over again. It might be more fun to let noobs be noobs than to compensate for the noobs.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I've seen a firsthand experience of thousands of players joining this free online text-based nation stimulator game.

Hostiles start right away with small raids.

Then alliances of nations form.

Then grudges, feuds, and super alliances of alliances form.

Then the wars get a lot bigger, and that's why there's a mega steamroll every few months or so. Past grudges, and stupidity. One great example was when alliance A was allied to alliance B and C, but B and C are at war with each other.

Instead of idling or taking one side, alliance A chooses to honor both treaties and declare war on both B and C. Hilarity ensued.

G

If they really wan't to call players to the game,why they are making everything to make the players delete the game from their pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.