[SOLVED] Playing video created in Xp and codec error 0xc00d5212 onwin10 64bit

rapiddecline

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
How can I make the file viewable in win10? File created in Geovision on XP machine, copied to dvd and/or flash drive, but can't open/view file in win10.

Anybody - help?

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
Try downloading this and giving it a scan [question link removed] If it finds something wrong it will update it. After it finishes getting updated you will need to restart your PC before trying again. If this doesn't help, please reply to this message.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can I make the file viewable in win10? File created in Geovision on XP machine, copied to dvd and/or flash drive, but can't open/view file in win10.

Anybody - help?
What extension is it?
You can try a media player like vlc or smplayer they cover a lot of codecs and might be able to play it.
If it is a special codec that was made only for this geovision whatever that is then you are out of luck, your only chance would be to run a virtual XP machine and install the drivers for it there to view the video.

rapiddecline

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
What extension is it?
You can try a media player like vlc or smplayer they cover a lot of codecs and might be able to play it.
If it is a special codec that was made only for this geovision whatever that is then you are out of luck, your only chance would be to run a virtual XP machine and install the drivers for it there to view the video.
Geovision is security software in this instance its a pc card instead of a dvr.
Probably should have mentioned that xp windows player plays the video without issue.
Win10 Media player doesn't recognize the format.
I just thought of trying the video in win 7...

BTW the file properties only shows "Clip"
Thank you for your input

Geovision is security software in this instance its a pc card instead of a dvr.
Probably should have mentioned that xp windows player plays the video without issue.
Win10 Media player doesn't recognize the format.
I just thought of trying the video in win 7...

BTW the file properties only shows "Clip"
Thank you for your input
Does it play in any windows XP or only in the windows XP that the card is installed? As I said you might need the driver for the card so it installs the codec for the video.
Mediainfo is a free tool that can give you (and us) a lot of info about the video file, just choose text output and copy paste the results here.

rapiddecline

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
Does it play in any windows XP or only in the windows XP that the card is installed? As I said you might need the driver for the card so it installs the codec for the video.
Mediainfo is a free tool that can give you (and us) a lot of info about the video file, just choose text output and copy paste the results here.
It is only on winxp pc, don't have an alternative xp pc. Win10 is the other pc.

Following is mediainfo text:
General
Complete name : K:\GV250 LOGGING\hotrods\Event20201114145513002.avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 9.78 MiB
Duration : 2 min 52 s
Overall bit rate : 477 kb/s
IsTruncated : Yes

Video
ID : 0
Format : GEOV