[SOLVED] Please help about the noise coming from my PC!

joshipoojan.pj

Prominent
Sep 15, 2018
I do not know where the weird noise is coming from? I am confused between Stock Cooler of Intel or my motherboard!

Link to the audio file (Google Drive)
Noise Audio <- Click here.

Thank you in advance :)

Solution
Please post your full system specs - AND what you're doing at the time.
If you've recently launched a game (for example) and pushing high frames in a menu etc, then coil whine from your GPU would make sense.

Listening to it, it could simply be a fan, but hard to judge.
If it's happening at idle, then chances are good it's the fan on the cooler - It's highly unlikely to be originating from the motherboard.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If you've recently launched a game (for example) and pushing high frames in a menu etc, then coil whine from your GPU would make sense.

If it's happening at idle, then chances are good it's the fan on the cooler - It's highly unlikely to be originating from the motherboard.

Solution

joshipoojan.pj

Prominent
Sep 15, 2018

Thank you for replying sir

My specs are-
i5 8400 CPU
Gigabyte 1650 GPU
16GB RAM @ 2400MHz
H310M H Motherboard
Thermal Take 500W PSU
----------
And I am pretty sure that coil is not whining from GPU, this is the audio when I am stress testing the CPU, and in game the noise comes.

But I am 90% sure that the noise is coming from the nasty little Intel cooler and 10% sure about the motherboard.

I asked in this forums because there are many intellegent persons like you.

I am going to change the cooler to Cooler Master 410R, hope that helps this noise problem.

And again thanks for your reply. :)

2plash6

Reputable
BANNED
Jul 23, 2019
It could be the power supply. Your power supply is designed to be quiet, but it could be braking apart. How old is it? If you just finished building it and just got your psu a few days ago, than it probably is not that and barty1884 might be correct, but if your psu was used, than it might be your psu that is damaged, and making weird noises.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
It could be the power supply. Your power supply is designed to be quiet, but it could be braking apart. How old is it? If you just finished building it and just got your psu a few days ago, than it probably is not that and barty1884 might be correct, but if your psu was used, than it might be your psu that is damaged, and making weird noises.

A PSU certainly could produce coil whine, but PSU's don't "break apart".
Sounds like the OP has been able to trace the noise to somewhere around the CPU socket though, which should eliminate the PSU as a possibility.

TRENDING THREADS