[SOLVED] Please help... Any Dual Band Wireless-AC with Bluetooth available that works with Win10?

Tony De

Honorable
Aug 8, 2015
I have an Intel 7260AC adapter in my HTPC. Now that I am in Windows 10, None of my iLuv SyrenPro speakers work with it. Apparently, their a2dp profile isn't compatible with intel crap. I don't know how they get away with ripping people off and apparently they never could figure out an update that would make it work correctly. The audio is horribly intermittent and I spent 3 days trying to get it to work. It's to the point that I will buy another wifi-Bluetooth replacement or just a Bluetooth something as long as it works with a2dp and win10 so any recommendations? I used an old USB generic to pair to it but it takes me an hour each time I want to pair it to get it working because it loses something after its been off and I can't figure out what. Any help is greatly appreciated. -TD

Last edited:
Solution
WORKAROUND> This is for all Intel7260AC consumers for their Bluetooth. It has taken me quite some time with Trial and Error and the BEST Solution still isn't Awesome but it works we enough for me and it will save you time if you are in the same boat. Again this is while using WIN10 OS, other OS I am uncertain of the functionality. The way it is, audio is terribly intermittent using the 7260AC's BT. Choppy. Every other wordish. So below is how I finally resolved that.

1> You will need a Bluetooth USB Dongle to pair to. Mine is an older one, 3.0 I believe and I do not know if 4.0 & 5.0 work, and they possibly could work better so if anyone tries them, please add a comment here about those experiences.

2> Turn off the BT part of your...

Tony De

Honorable
Aug 8, 2015
My advice? Don't buy Intel NOTHING and Don't EVER Update to Windows 10! I could have learned Linux in the time I spent trying to get a GD Bluetooth Speaker to work more than 2 minutes and more than intermittent horrible audio quality and yet that scumbag company Intel claims their 7260AC is compatible with the CRAP They Sold to people as Wifi-Bluetooth Adapter. How do I file a Class Action Lawsuit because Intel has wasted enough of my time and apparently, wasted the time and money of Millions of others by the long list of Forums asking how to fix this and Intels BS Response is to blame Microsoft when they clearly state that this Device 7260AC is Backwards Compatible with the A2DP profile and honestly, I doubt this POS is compatible with ANY BLUETOOTH, it is that much GARBAGE! Maybe you should stick to CPU's but I will now become an AMD customer now instead since no one at Intel could come up with a FW FIX in 5 YEARS and they NEVER TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR MISTAKES< and the 7260AC is a MISTAKE. You owe your customers better Intel!

Tony De

Honorable
Aug 8, 2015
WORKAROUND> This is for all Intel7260AC consumers for their Bluetooth. It has taken me quite some time with Trial and Error and the BEST Solution still isn't Awesome but it works we enough for me and it will save you time if you are in the same boat. Again this is while using WIN10 OS, other OS I am uncertain of the functionality. The way it is, audio is terribly intermittent using the 7260AC's BT. Choppy. Every other wordish. So below is how I finally resolved that.

1> You will need a Bluetooth USB Dongle to pair to. Mine is an older one, 3.0 I believe and I do not know if 4.0 & 5.0 work, and they possibly could work better so if anyone tries them, please add a comment here about those experiences.

2> Turn off the BT part of your Wifi-BT Card in Device Manager by disabling the Bluetooth ONLY. If you don't do this step, in my use the 7260 turns back on if you just do it in Devices and Printers and it becomes choppy intermittent audio again. So do it in Device Manager's Bluetooth section.

3> Pair speaker via usual manner. Once Paired, it has been my experience that it will not re-connect after that initial pairing session. That workaround is that I REMOVE the Speaker in DEVICES and then Reinstall & Pair it. It sounds like a Bigger PITA than it is as it becomes 2nd nature quite easily (takes about 30secs to 1 min each time) and can be done (Removed) at the end of your session for next time or the next time you go to use your BT Audio. Then just Pair it again. Sounds well this way and costs nothing more than a BT Dongle which I and many of you probably already own from the past.

Any questions, please ask and I will help any way possible
. I know this isn't super-convenient, but it works and is cheaper than buying and installing a new Wifi-Bluetooth card. Cheers

Solution

Tony De

Honorable
Aug 8, 2015
I dont know if a MOD can mark my last answer as "Solved"???
... but it would be helpful to others searching for answers to this maddening issue, I would think, as it is definitely the best option I have found over weeks of trial and error with this intel 7260AC Card and BT Speakers.
I would edit the TITLE to reflect that but it won't let me, if anyone has a better solution, please add. Thanks