[SOLVED] Please help. Any way to save my GPU? (incl Screenshots)

Jan 14, 2020
Hey guys!

Long story short: I recently did some upgrades to my PC (first time ever). I got a new motherboard, new CPU (i5-9400F), new RAM, new PSU, new case. The only thing I did not replace is my GTX 1050 TI.

Everything seems to work fine BUT I am getting very random artifacts. I must admit that I cleaned my GPU with compressed air and put some new thermal paste on it. Those artifacts come very randomly - sometimes they do not come at all (even after watching videos on one monitor and playing games on my other monitor) but then they also just come when I watch a video and do nothing else. Right now my GPU temp at approx 32° according to HWMonitor.

Gn5Koj0.png

iSakxBz.png

Recently I had no issues for 8 hours when playing games and watching videos. Then it can just happen after 30mins of just watching a video.

If anyone has a good idea - please let me know. I only tried to reinstall my Nvidia drivers (manual download and clean install through their driver setup).

Thanks a lot! I hope I don't have to replace this part as well now....

Ox

Solution
If the card is not overclocked, chances are it's vRAM and temperature related.

Given this occurred after disassembly, I'd reseat the cooler, ensuring no thermal pads moved and do sit on the vRAM (surrounding the GPU die).
Hey guys!

Long story short: I recently did some upgrades to my PC (first time ever). I got a new motherboard, new CPU (i5-9400F), new RAM, new PSU, new case. The only thing I did not replace is my GTX 1050 TI.

Everything seems to work fine BUT I am getting very random artifacts. I must admit that I cleaned my GPU with compressed air and put some new thermal paste on it. Those artifacts come very randomly - sometimes they do not come at all (even after watching videos on one monitor and playing games on my other monitor) but then they also just come when I watch a video and do nothing else. Right now my GPU temp at approx 32° according to HWMonitor.

Gn5Koj0.png

iSakxBz.png

Recently I had no issues for 8 hours when playing games and watching videos. Then it can just happen after 30mins of just watching a video.

If anyone has a good idea - please let me know. I only tried to reinstall my Nvidia drivers (manual download and clean install through their driver setup).

Thanks a lot! I hope I don't have to replace this part as well now....

Ox
You can try downclocking the core and memory.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If the card is not overclocked, chances are it's vRAM and temperature related.

Given this occurred after disassembly, I'd reseat the cooler, ensuring no thermal pads moved and do sit on the vRAM (surrounding the GPU die).

Solution