[SOLVED] please help... gpu utilization

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
so, i have tried every single method i could find on how to increase the utilization of the gpu but none seem to work...
i tried turning off low latency mode, threaded optimization and setting power manageent to max performance in the 3d settings section of nvidia control panel.
i tried overclocking and locking the clock of the gpu
i tried selecting the high performance power plan in control panel
and then ive selected, in the graphics settings in the windows settings , the games ive been playing and setting them to high performance
but nothing seems to work , my gpu utilization is always 10-40% and rarely goes past that and if it does it stays there for a second and comes back down..
when benchmarking with msi kombustor the utilization does go up to 100% somehow
ryzen 5 3400g @ 4.1ghz
gtx 1650 @2115mhz gpu clock and 6500mhz memory clock
hyperz fury 2666mhz 2*8gb
asrock b450 steel legend
and some random hdd and a 500w 83+ zalman power supply
i just dont get it whats wrong 😭
HELP.

Solution
unless the higher utilization is required, as with Kombustor, the usage will remain lower.
just because it is not running at 100% at all times does not mean that it is providing lower than expected performance.

if you are getting lower than expected performance in particular games list them here along with what similar systems are getting that you are basing your comparison on.

there's a few other things you can also do to improve performance;
get decent speed RAM ~3200MHz,
get a decent sized SSD for game installations,
make sure you have a higher tiered reliable power supply, etc.
Constant low FPS for my card , it's supposed to be a lot more so it's not the HDD

And I do have the proper chipset driver but the bios nah man I won't try that <Mod Edit> , for my asrock mb they r asking for some usb method and the last time I tried I lost 125$ 😢
Cmon it's gotta be something else
Well.....when you run out of something else keep the bios in mind.

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
Take the pc to a service counter and have them update the bios.
Just an option.
when i run minecraft 1.16.5 optifine version at 1080p max but 10 chunks, i get like 230-330 fps , idk if thats really whats expected? but on 1.18.1 it drops all the way to 100-120 and can drop below 100. why.

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
Take the pc to a service counter and have them update the bios.
Just an option.
Depends on whether we're talking FPS dips from loading stuff or constant low FPS even after everything has been loaded.
Artifacts while overclocking are to be expected and that means the OC is too high.

Thanks for your support guys , I have downloaded a heavy game , horizon zero dawn and ran it at 1080p medium "original " and I got 40-50 FPS , for now , which is the expected and the usage goes to 90+