PLEASE HELP! Graphics Card problems

Ste1337

Honorable
May 29, 2014
Hi, i am in a bit of distress here...i have recently purchased a new system with the current specs:

Intel 5820K Processor
2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400 RAM
MSI X99A Gaming 7 Motherboard
HyperX Savage 120GB SSD
Corsair H100i GTX CPU Cooling
EVGA 850W G PSU

Ok so here is the issue, i currently have another pc install and i was eager to complete my new build although i plan on getting a 980Ti, some more RAM + a larger SSD. However in order to get it up and running i decided to take out my current 650Ti and insert it into my new PC. Everything seemed fine, fans running and LED debugger on the Motherboard appeared to show normal startup codes(04, 4F, 9A, 79, 62, 9C, 64, 36, 35, 34). But there was no video output. I know this is common with new installs so i checked online for issues double checked all the connections are correct etc but it appears there is some trouble with the MSI motherboard and the slots in which the RAM is insterted....so i tried the different slots and still nothing. So now i have messaged MSI for further info....

Now this is my big problem, i inserted my current graphics card back into my old PC and i am now having the same problem, it booted up with no video output(i had the 6pin connector in, made sure it was inserted firmly etc)!! I was so careful with static, i have a wristband and made sure i was discharging every 30 secs, tried my best to hold the graphics card by the plastic + sides etc.

I have now managed to boot up on the on board integrated motherboard graphics but i can barely run anything.

Is it usually plug + play if i already have the 650Ti drivers installed on this PC? Or do i need to play with some settings again? Or is it likely that i have blown my 650Ti with static discharge?

And also is it possible to run games in low settings off of the integrated motherboard if this is the issue? I know one of my friends does this on very low settings and with FPS issues but my games wont even open :/

My old PC setup is:

AMD 5400-K APU
MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 Motherboard
4GB RAM
750W PSU
Seagate 1TB HDD
Samsung CD/DVD RW Optical Drive

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am currently in an online gaming team who are expecting me to be able to play most evenings so it would be great to get back up and running asap haha

Solution
on the new mb make sure it has the newest bios file to rule out a bios bug. also in the bios under primany display if it set to auto set it to peg/pci. when it set to auto and there a cpu with video built in the mb can default to the onboard port first. on your old system set the video the same way in the bios and then see if it fall back to onboard video. also check in both pc video slots for bent pins or damage and look to see if your video card missing and old the gold pins on the bottom edge. on your builds did you pull power from the wall new mb now keep 5v live to let the usb ports and other to work. you can short out parts if you dont let the mb drain. (green power on light to go out).
on the new mb make sure it has the newest bios file to rule out a bios bug. also in the bios under primany display if it set to auto set it to peg/pci. when it set to auto and there a cpu with video built in the mb can default to the onboard port first. on your old system set the video the same way in the bios and then see if it fall back to onboard video. also check in both pc video slots for bent pins or damage and look to see if your video card missing and old the gold pins on the bottom edge. on your builds did you pull power from the wall new mb now keep 5v live to let the usb ports and other to work. you can short out parts if you dont let the mb drain. (green power on light to go out).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS