Please help identify the function of a missing motherboard cpu socket pin

Marts Bismark

Reputable
Jul 6, 2014
Hello,

I have been waiting for ASUS' reply for a couple of days now but to no avail. I hope someone here can help me out.

I noticed my 1 week old motherboard is missing a pin in the CPU socket. The motherboard seems to be working fine. Although I plan to run a stress test for a day to see if the missing pin would cause any problems, so far everything looks normal and working just fine.

I know sending it for RMA will take some time not to mention the item is in the Philippines.

If anyone out there can help identify the functionality of the missing pin i would very much appreciate it. The fact that the motherboard is booting up normally (all rams are detected etc) suggests it might be a pin that doesn't have any functionality, at least that's what i hope.

I would very much feel better if anyone could answer this for me. I just wanna make sure it's something i can live without and it will not cause any long term effect.

My specs is:
Processor: Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Formula
RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 8x4 - 32GB (total)
GPU: Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II OC (2GB)

PLEASE SEE ATTACHED PHOTO
deed7349_ASUS-MB-1150-MISSING-Pin.jpeg

Thanks,
Marti

Marts Bismark

Reputable
Jul 6, 2014

Hello popatim,

Thanks for your reply. You're probably right… according to this document i found on google search. It is apparently part of DDR Channel A (whatever that means) :)

missing-pin_zps0a5a020c.jpg

Kinda weird that my PC is running without any problem? Do you guys think it is something i can live without?

Thanks,
Marti