[SOLVED] Please help me optimize my old computer for DayZ

Gulmo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2012
I play on the Day One DayZ server and at times my computer lags really bad. I don't meet DayZ minimum requirements on memory so I believe this is the major problem. But I would also like a recommendation on what components (graphics card, RAM, etc.) I could buy to make the game run more optimally and are compatible with my pc. I built this computer 6 or 7 years ago. Any help would be appreciated. I have listed my specs below. Thanks

My Rig-

Processor: Intel i5 - 4670k @ 3.40 GHz
Ram: G Skill Sniper 8G (It is two 4G sticks for a total of 8G. I have two empty slots left for memory on my motherboard)
Motherboard: ASUS Z87 - Plus
Graphics Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 760
Power Supply: EVGA Supernova NEX 750B 80Plus, 750W
Mechanical Hard Drive: WD Blue 1TB
System Type: 64 - bit Windows 10

DayZ system requirements for Windows -

Minimum RequirementsRecommended Requirements
OS
Windows 7/8.1
OS
Windows 10
PROCESSOR
Intel Core i5-4430
PROCESSOR
Intel Core i5-6600K or AMD R5 1600X
MEMORY
8 GB
MEMORY
12 GB
GRAPHICS
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD R9 270X
GRAPHICS
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD RX 580
DIRECTX
Version 11
DIRECTX
Version 11
STORAGE
16 GB
STORAGE
25 GB
SOUND CARD
DirectX-compatible
SOUND CARD
DirectX-compatible
ADDITIONAL NOTES
Internet connection
ADDITIONAL NOTES
Internet connection

Solution
You are barely above minimum specs on the processor and GPU, so both would offer some benefit if you upgraded them.
Comparing the minimum to recommended it appears that a better GPU (aside from RAM) would be the better of the two choices, since the performance increase from a 4690k to 6600k is not as big as the difference between a 760 and 1060.
You are barely above minimum specs on the processor and GPU, so both would offer some benefit if you upgraded them.
Comparing the minimum to recommended it appears that a better GPU (aside from RAM) would be the better of the two choices, since the performance increase from a 4690k to 6600k is not as big as the difference between a 760 and 1060.

Reactions: Gulmo
Solution

eXPedient Demise

Honorable
Jul 16, 2018
www.xpd.co.nz
I'm on same sort of vintage, upgraded to 16GB and a 1650 video card, made heck of an improvement for games for me. I've not played DayZ though.
I get 60fps in Overwatch (cpu bottleneck), and 50fps in GTAV. Both @ 1080. At least with the 1650, when I upgrade soon, it will still be a half decent card for what I play/do.

Reactions: Gulmo