[SOLVED] Please help me select fans for my Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance build.

Viper2

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
Please help me select fans for my Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance build. I read that Noctua fans are the best and I like the Chromax Black Noctua fans. I need to know exactly which fans to buy to replace the stock fans of my case, and I need to know exactly what size fans, how fans many I need, and exactly where to install them for optimal cooling. Cooling is more important to me than noise level. My current PC’s noise level is 44db measured from a couple of inches away and I find that completely acceptable.

This is my system build:
  • Case – Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance
  • Power Supply – EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G3, 80 Plus Gold 1000W
  • CPU – AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
  • CPU Cooler – Noctua NH-D15S Chromax Black
  • Motherboard – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi
  • RAM – Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600Mhz (two 32GB sticks)
  • Graphics Card – Asus GTX 3090 ROG Strix OC
  • Hard Drive for Windows and Games – NVME 1tb
  • Hard Drive for storage – SSD 2tb
  • Operating System – Windows 10 (64-bit)
Thank you.

Solution
You look at fans that have high CFM ratings, if you're not going to slap the fans onto a radiator or heatsink fins. If you intend to have the fans double as case air intake fans as well as radiator fans, you will need to look at fans that have high static pressure, CFM, at this point is not as crucial as CFM.

Lutfij

Titan
You look at fans that have high CFM ratings, if you're not going to slap the fans onto a radiator or heatsink fins. If you intend to have the fans double as case air intake fans as well as radiator fans, you will need to look at fans that have high static pressure, CFM, at this point is not as crucial as CFM.

Solution