Please Help Me, Strange noise and wierd screen errors :(

itmature

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014
Hi!

Recently my Dell xps 8500 is having some issues and making strange sound. I am stuck in the window loading screen before it went into full black screen. So i entered diagnostic to see what happened.

It pops up this msg:
error code 2000-0151
Validation 90371
Msg: Hard Drive 0 - S/N Z1E0MZ74, Incorrect status = 32
No additional sense information

I reformated my desktop and wiped everything. It works for a week or two before it crash again and showed the same symptoms. Is there anything wrong with the Internal hard drive or is there other issues with my cpu?

Today it actually went into a different screen after the window loading screen. It actually ask me to
"Reboot and select proper boot device"

So in conclusion, is it time to change a new hard drive or is there any other issues? Because if worked for awhile before it crash again. So i don't know what is wrong with my Desktop. Would appreciate very much if any kind soul can help me :*(

Edited:

Hi! Ive another qn, if i reformatted the hard disk and if its working does it mean it is not damaged?

itmature

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014

Hi! Ive another qn, if i reformatted the hard disk and if its working does it mean it is not damaged? Previously it was working fine before it crashed a couple of weeks later. I was wondering if its other stuff etc.

PandaBear270

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013

If the drive works PROPERLY after formatting (including the sectors pass test) then there has been something wrong with the last format that fucked up the partition tables.