Question Please help me with my build

Aug 27, 2024
Friends I need help from an experienced PC builder or a professional,

Here is my build on pcpartpicker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/turalrz/saved/BHD98d

I know this is an overkill for 99.99% of humans dead and alive but stay with me my specialty is in a different industry therefore i might have some silly obvious mistakes here.

Please keep in mind that I will be opting for the new X3D versions of the top amd cpu when they come out in January approx (in deep hopes rumors are true)

I will also be opting for a RTX 5090 therefore this build will not be executed before the cpu and the gpu will come out.

However I want to get all the other parts straight and have it as future proofed as possible as im only dropping this kind of crazy money on a pc once and never again.

My main concern is that all the connections work and obviously all the parts are suitable for each other. Hoping that one of you could save me hours/days of research and headache by dedicating a few minutes on this post.

Please let me know what extras I have to buy (connectors,adaptors,cables etc.) to make this work or if I have to change any of the parts. I am going for the most high end build and aiming for specifically top tier X3D cpu and top tier nvidia GPU and all parts with the latest and the FASTEST connections.

Cooling plan for the build:
For the fans and cooling the 420mm CPU AIO is self explanatory, going to use it at the top of the case as (exhaust)
Other than that, I have 9 corsair iCUE LINK QX120 RGB 120mm (they come in a pack of 3 therefore planning to purchase 3 of these packs totalling 9 120mm fans)
4 120mm on the front of the case (intake)
4 120mm on the side of the case (intake)
1 120 mm fan on the back of the case (exhaust)

The 120mm 3 packs case fans come as this: (am i buying 2 extra link system hubs and link cables or i need all of these?)
  • 3x CORSAIR QX120 RGB Fans
  • 1x iCUE LINK System Hub
  • 1x iCUE LINK Cable, 600mm
Here are the notes that you will see on the pcpartpicker list which confuse me as this should not be true.
  • Note: A USB 3.2 Gen 1 to USB 2.0 header adapter is required.
  • Note: A USB 3.2 Gen 2 to USB 3.2 Gen 1 header adapter is required.
  • Note: Fan compatibility checking is currently not supported.
  • Note: The Corsair 7000D AIRFLOW ATX Full Tower Case front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port needs a motherboard USB 3.2 Gen 2 header but none are available. The USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port will not be usable.
  • Disclaimer: Some physical constraints are not checked, such as RAM clearance with CPU Coolers

Ralston18

Titan
Starting with the motherboard, carefully read all available manufacturer documentation for each component under consideration.

Pay close attention to all fine print, caveats, references, etc..

You need to ensure that all components are supported, installable, and configurable.

Develop your own assembly plan step by step. For the most part the motherboard's User Guide/Manual can be used as template and you simply add notes and refences when and where appropriate with respect to individual componets : CPU, RAM, GPU, etc..

This:

"Disclaimer: Some physical constraints are not checked, such as RAM clearance with CPU Coolers"

You must check and verify. Details matter.

And I strongly suspect that 9 fans (10 counting PSU) will cause problems by simpy getting in each other's way.

Be sure to read the case documentation and supported fan configurations.

Take the time and care to make the effort: AKA planning.