Please help! SEAGATE 1TB Plus Slim HDD light wont turn on but can be ejected.

faery_hollows

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
When I plug it in, the laptop recognizes the hdd and it makes a connecting sound but it cant be read on explorer. It only makes low clicking sounds that stops after a minute and it barely vibrates. It also says "Backup+" when I try to eject instead of my hdd name.
I tried device manager and I saw it under Disk drives and is read as Seagate BACKUP+ SCSI Disk Device. It says that the device is worling properly.
Last note: it also heats up after being connected for a long time.

Please tell me that it isnt dead yet. I have imperative files on it and I HAVE to get it back!

Solution
"It only makes low clicking sounds that stops after a minute and it barely vibrates"

That sounds suspiciously like drive failure caused by the read/write heads crashing in to the data platters.

One external drive is not enough, it's never enough.
You should have had a second one with which to back up the first one (I have three externals, so two for backups).

Professional data recovery is your only option if you want to get your data back.
"It only makes low clicking sounds that stops after a minute and it barely vibrates"

That sounds suspiciously like drive failure caused by the read/write heads crashing in to the data platters.

One external drive is not enough, it's never enough.
You should have had a second one with which to back up the first one (I have three externals, so two for backups).

Professional data recovery is your only option if you want to get your data back.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS