Please help with reboot problems on my PC

woojtoos

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
My Pc is rebooting randomly, on idle, at games, at working. There isnt any warning, just reboot (like somebody would press a reboot button). There is no blue screen, no artifacts on screen, no nothing, just reboot.
I change thermal paste, i change psu (before i have chieftec 400W), but it is still the same problem. What can it be ?
OCCT shows temperatures while testing ~46 degrees, in idle ~38. It is rebooting while testing.
There were no overclocking.
Big thanks for help.

My PC:
cpu: phenom II x4 925 (2,8MHz) + cooler similar to coolers on older athlon procesors (no heat pipes)
mb: gigabyte ga-78lmt-usb3
gc: radeon 4850 512mb
ram: 4gb ddr3 kingston kvr1333d3n9/4g
psu: xfx ts550

Solution
It can be the psu as well.Can you lend one to test with too?

Other wise try this,

Download hwinfo32,

http://www.hwinfo.com/download32.html

You can open hwinfo32,after that open the sensor window by marking sensors=V,after that click run,then click at the bottom "Logging start" ,after that choose a name and place for the log. like Hwinfolog at your desktop.Leave it open and do game/stresstest or whatever you do until a crash/reboot.The log will end at that point but will be saved.
After the restart upload the log to a site without to much crap (!),for instance dropbox,and leave a link to it here.You could also look at the log yourself with either excel or libre office calc.

You can also look at the voltages with a multimeter and a...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
It can be the psu as well.Can you lend one to test with too?

Other wise try this,

Download hwinfo32,

http://www.hwinfo.com/download32.html

You can open hwinfo32,after that open the sensor window by marking sensors=V,after that click run,then click at the bottom "Logging start" ,after that choose a name and place for the log. like Hwinfolog at your desktop.Leave it open and do game/stresstest or whatever you do until a crash/reboot.The log will end at that point but will be saved.
After the restart upload the log to a site without to much crap (!),for instance dropbox,and leave a link to it here.You could also look at the log yourself with either excel or libre office calc.

You can also look at the voltages with a multimeter and a unused molex connector,Balck+yellow is +12V/black+red is +5V,or look into the bios,but the last option is only the voltage at that moment and without strain on the psu so only says so much.

Solution

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Looked at those logs and as far as i can see are there no strange things.The only thing not displayed is the +5V reading,but since the other ones aren't out of spec do i suspect that this wil also be fine.The only way to know for sure is to use a multimeter.

Does the motherboard have the latest bios? Maybe something to look at.