[SOLVED] Please help

Jun 3, 2018
I am trying to figure out the best build for me but as budgeted as possible. I have some spare parts I can throw into the build as I have an older FX system and desperately need an upgrade. I have a couple stock fans, 1TB HDD, Disk drive (which is an important aspect to me) a 500W power supply, etc. I would like to use this computer for a couple different things (editing, gaming, recording, streaming, etc.). I'm looking for 1080p gaming at 60fps solid or better. Looking for the cheapest but most solid build to meet these specifications. Would an AMD build be my best option? Here's the build I came up with but want to know if this would be what I'm looking for in a build or close. What can I change in here to improve the system entirely?

What can be done without and what am I missing? I would like to change the power supply due to it being poorly rated and the case is damaged in my current build.

Solution
Dump the CPU cooler, the stock one is good and change the PSU to the Seasonic Focus Gold 550W as it's a excellent quality PSU and will save you a few dollars without having to deal with a MIR.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.90 @ B&H)
Total: $69.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-17 19:32 EST-0500

Next upgrade I'd suggest is a decent quality 240gb+ SSD, the Crucial MX500 500gb SSD can be found for like $70.

WildCard999

Titan
Dump the CPU cooler, the stock one is good and change the PSU to the Seasonic Focus Gold 550W as it's a excellent quality PSU and will save you a few dollars without having to deal with a MIR.

Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.90 @ B&H)

Next upgrade I'd suggest is a decent quality 240gb+ SSD, the Crucial MX500 500gb SSD can be found for like $70.

Reactions: jonathanmnicoli
Solution
Jun 3, 2018

I made those tweaks but I'm not familiar with the Ryzen family or newer hardware for that matter when it comes to specs. I'm just looking for solid 1080p 60+ fps gaming. Like what I get out of my One S in terms of graphical and processing power (which I'm sure is already better [the build] in processing power). Also is this about the cheapest I'm going to get this build? Sitting around $680 roughly. Just want to get the most out of my dollar to be honest. Don't want to delve into expensive parts that offer little to nothing to my setup. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg either for overpowered components. The Mobo supports 4 sticks of RAM so eventually I'll get another 2x8 G.Skill Aegis to bump up to 32 gb since I'll be using this build for a lot more than just gaming. I'm just starting into gaming on PC and haven't gotten fully delved into it purely based on I'm not used to mouse and keyboard so my left hand for the keyboard locks up and cramps after maybe an hour at most of gaming. I just want the most out of my build for what I'm paying like most people. Also would this build be able to achieve 1440p at 30fps? Or pretty close? I eventually want to be able to run some graphically demanding games at highest settings but I don't expect all of them to be run that high. My computer couldn't run Fallout 4 AT ALL. Even on lowest settings. Couldn't even run ARK. It plays Paladin's on high setting though very well.