[SOLVED] Please help

Feb 12, 2021
Hi! I need your help..(sorry for my english)
I have a AMD Ryzen 5 600
Ram 16
Motherboard Asus Tuf b450 gaming
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660(gigabyte)
Cpu Cooler Id-cooling se 224 rgb and 7 argb vents
Windows 10

I can play the most powerful games and I also edit a lot of videos. I never got any problem...with the exception of when I try to convert a video....The blue screen shows up..and the processor is going wild... No matter what program I use I get the blue screen but no matter what powerful game I play or no matter how long I edit videos...the pc is ok. But when I told this to my friends they told me that the voltage is to low...and the temperature should me bigger( when I play doesn't go more then 55 C ( 122 in F..i think) and the voltage is a round 0,927 V....and they told me that is to low...The pc was build from where I got the components, I bought it three months ago. Now I think that I don't care if I can't convert videos but I don't want the low voltage to damage my pc in the future...I don't even know how it could damage...Can you tell me if the voltage and temps are bad? I am afraid to do things in Bios because I am afraid that I will damage it and ...at least it works...Maybe the convert thing is because of something else? Please help...Thank you

Solution
More voltage, if not causing higher temperatures, can result in more stability against hardware issues. From what you've described though there is probably a higher chance that there is a software issue. When using software which is creating videos it is quite likely that the software is trying to use hardware encoding based on the video card GPU. For NVIDIA that would be NVENC. If the wrong encoder is used, then it could conceivably crash things every time. I suggest you go into settings for your programs which try to do encoding to some video format and see what CODEC or hardware accelerated method is being used (it should probably be NVENC). Change it to purely software, and see if it starts working. If it does work, then try...
More voltage, if not causing higher temperatures, can result in more stability against hardware issues. From what you've described though there is probably a higher chance that there is a software issue. When using software which is creating videos it is quite likely that the software is trying to use hardware encoding based on the video card GPU. For NVIDIA that would be NVENC. If the wrong encoder is used, then it could conceivably crash things every time. I suggest you go into settings for your programs which try to do encoding to some video format and see what CODEC or hardware accelerated method is being used (it should probably be NVENC). Change it to purely software, and see if it starts working. If it does work, then try setting to NVENC, and it should work there too. If it only fails with NVENC and not software/CPU, or if it is using some other hardware acceleration, then it is probably related to this.

Solution
Feb 12, 2021
More voltage, if not causing higher temperatures, can result in more stability against hardware issues. From what you've described though there is probably a higher chance that there is a software issue. When using software which is creating videos it is quite likely that the software is trying to use hardware encoding based on the video card GPU. For NVIDIA that would be NVENC. If the wrong encoder is used, then it could conceivably crash things every time. I suggest you go into settings for your programs which try to do encoding to some video format and see what CODEC or hardware accelerated method is being used (it should probably be NVENC). Change it to purely software, and see if it starts working. If it does work, then try setting to NVENC, and it should work there too. If it only fails with NVENC and not software/CPU, or if it is using some other hardware acceleration, then it is probably related to this.

It worked!!!! thank you so much!!! But I didn't understand if in the future that low voltage can cause me problems? I mean that my friends told me that can damage my components....But I don't understand how if the temperature is very low..like in big games or when I edit a video is no more then 50/55 C(122 F)

It worked!!!! thank you so much!!! But I didn't understand if in the future that low voltage can cause me problems? I mean that my friends told me that can damage my components....But I don't understand how if the temperature is very low..like in big games or when I edit a video is no more then 50/55 C(122 F)
Digital chips do normally degrade at a very low rate. On occasion a gate in the circuit will get a defect which is basically a single atom size (or more) being blown out of the surface of a junction (I am reminded of how an electron microprobe is used...purposely using an electron beam to bore a hole into a surface and then examine what the object contains by examining the debris coming from the hole the electron made). The higher the voltage the more damage occurs, but there is generally a threshold where the device would last a very long time, but crossing that threshold could degrade the device much faster. If temperatures are higher, then damage could occur just from heat...realize that the heat you see at the surface of a package as a whole is much lower than the the tiny atom sized areas which actually generate the heat which conducts to the outer package of the chip. It doesn't require an electron to cut away an atom; if the heat is high enough an atom will break off anyway.

More voltage tends to make it easier to correctly determine a "1" or a "0" if there is any kind of noise or imperfection. So it is a race between increasing voltage so a "1" and a "0" are always correctly determined, and heat or energy going up enough to damage a junction. Undervolting is not really going to save the life of a chip unless it normally runs rather hot. Overvolting will help so long as you're not causing a massive increase in heat (in the tiny areas near the size of an atom) which would increase how fast you get imperfections in the device.