[SOLVED] Please recommend a good gigabit router

babi1987

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2013
Hi
Can you please suggest me a good gigabit router with 5 ghz frequency within a budget of of Rs 4000 (approx USD 75)?
Thanks in advance

Solution
That makes it easier. Mostly this is going to be what features do you want in a router. Things like parental controls or vpn etc.

In general I would go with any of the larger name routers and look for a number like 1200-1900. These type of routers have been on the market so long there is very little difference between brands.

I would still avoid the lessor known ones since all vendors have random equipment failures.

Ralston18

Titan
Who is your ISP?

One consideration is that the chosen router is on the ISP's "supported" list.

As for routers - start here:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-wifi-routers,review-2498.html

Check for other router reviews as well.

Once you have identified two or three routers that seem suitable to you then visit the manufacturer's websites to read the manuals, the User Forums, and FAQs as may or may not be available.

Reactions: babi1987
I suspect you have a much more complex issue.

From what I have seen on these forums india is kinda different in how it delivers fiber. Most places in the USA or the EU there is a box called a ONT that the fiber hooks to and then you hook up pretty much any router that uses ethernet wan ports.

Many of the fiber connections in india directly connect to the router. This greatly limits your choice. Most of these run some form of GPON for the fiber but each ISP can configure option differently. This means they likely only support a small list of routers.

In this case you are going to seach your ISP site or call them and find the list of routers that work on their system. Now if you have some kind of modem/ONT you can connect pretty much any router to that. Only you can decide which features are the most important.

Reactions: babi1987
That makes it easier. Mostly this is going to be what features do you want in a router. Things like parental controls or vpn etc.

In general I would go with any of the larger name routers and look for a number like 1200-1900. These type of routers have been on the market so long there is very little difference between brands.

I would still avoid the lessor known ones since all vendors have random equipment failures.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS