Question Please recommend a graphics card within ₹15-20k range.

Kumararjuns

Honorable
Nov 17, 2014
My PC specs are

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X
Processor : AMD FX8350
MoBo: MSI 990FXA GD65
RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
PSU: Cooler Master Thunder 600W

i need an upgrade to the current GPU that i have and within my budget of 20,000 INR
Please

PS: i'll be mostly using my PC for gaming 3D rendering in maya n 3ds max

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I was thinking of getting a GTX 1660ti from MSI and i noticed the Interface is PCIE x16 [3.0] and my board says it supports PCIEx16 [2] is that going to be a problem ?

Not really a problem. We're still not using all the bandwidth of 3.0.

It's not a PCIE issue, but are you planning on upgrading your CPU platform at any point? If not, an RX 480 is about as far as I would go with an AM3+ CPU. Your gains past that will be very marginal and I'd hate to see you spend money on performance you can't benefit from.

Reactions: Kumararjuns

Kumararjuns

Honorable
Nov 17, 2014

It's not a PCIE issue, but are you planning on upgrading your CPU platform at any point? If not, an RX 480 is about as far as I would go with an AM3+ CPU. Your gains past that will be very marginal and I'd hate to see you spend money on performance you can't benefit from.

CPU not right now, but in the future i may. So, RX570 wont benefit much in my rig?

Kumararjuns

Honorable
Nov 17, 2014

If im going with GEFORCE which one should i go for? something that will work well with the rig that i already have.

Last edited: