Question Pls help, MONITOR CABLE @GLENWING

Feb 8, 2019
I have a Acer GN246HL 144hz monitor, I have recently purchased an all new pc with an rtx 2070 and did not realize that this monitor did not support display port. I need help as to what I need to be able to convert DVI to displayport and get 144hz as I game a lot and this is what I am used to, i cant play anymore at lower refresh rate, I saw glenwing's article about everything you need to know about monitor cables and 144hz and he said that the cable to convert dvi to display port was not compatable with this monitor and I would need a more expensive one which was a 100 dollars, if there is any way I can get a cheaper cable or adapter that would be much appreciated as I do not have enough money right now to be spending 100 dollars on a cable, glenwing if your reading this if you know of any other possible way I can make my monitor run at 144hz that would be much appreciated or a cheaper cable option, thank you!

There are no cheaper adapters that I know of unfortunately, otherwise I would update the article with it :p The only thing I can suggest is to look for the $100 adapter on ebay, sometimes you can find them used for $30–50. Search for BizLink DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI active adapter, make sure it looks like the one I suggest in the article (large flat black adapter). The same adapter is also sold labeled under other brands, such as Dell, Accell, Startech, so shop around :)