Question pls i do really need help

Oct 6, 2019
so today i was watching youtube before my computer shutting down and smells burn ,and all the monitor is very hot ! i let it cold down for a few hours but i can't open it ! why ? someone pls pls help me !

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
so today i was watching youtube before my computer shutting down and smells burn ,and all the monitor is very hot ! i let it cold down for a few hours but i can't open it ! why ? someone pls pls help me !

You can't open your computers case or the monitor? Do you mean the monitor won't turn on? You can't generally service a monitor unless you know exactly whats wrong and are tech savvy emough to open the monitor, which again, isn't a good idea unless you really know what you are doing. Whats the inside of your PC case look like? Any noticeable damage? Black areas on your motherboard or signs of melting? That sorta thing. Depending on your monitor, it can get warm while in use. That's normal. Very hot isn't though.

Without knowing more about your PC, it's hard to answer. Please take a few close up, high resolution pictures of the inside of your PC and post them here so we can see. Did you have a power outage or is there a storm in your area? Perhaps your monitor just went bad. (They can just fail instantly) How old is the PC? Possibly the PSU is bad? Do you have any spare parts that you can test? Like a new PSU or RAM or other parts?

More info please.

If it smells burnt, and subsequently refuses to power on, then something probably shorted out internally.

Is your system an AIO type system... an 'all in one' where the computer is inside the monitor case? If not, it may be just the monitor itself that burned out. We need to know more about the system to know what's at fault.

Also, whether you're comfortable opening up a case and pulling out parts to replace them since if it got really hot before failure and you smelled 'burning' then it doesn't sound like an easy change-a-setting type of fix.

Countess_C

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
Is it a laptop or desktop computer? I think it's probably an electric component that burned. If you know someone who works with electronics maybe he or she can take a look at it? But if it's still under warranty contact the store where you bought it.

Oct 6, 2019
thankyou sm but i wonder something did all your file still there or they gone missing ? im so scared if all the file is gone missing pls help me 😭 btwy is ram expensive ? pc ram 😭