Question Plugged data cables out and then back in and now PC won't start

Feb 12, 2020
To begin with I have 1HDD and two SSDs in my PC. Until 10 minutes ago only 1 of the SSDs and an hdd were on use. I tried to run all three, but PC wouldn't start. I unplugged new sad and PC started just fine. I figured is was too much power usage and just didn't use it
Fast forward to today I was looking into cloning my in use 100gb ssd over to the 500 gb sad. The Is is on the 100 ssd so I unplug my 1 tb hdd and plug in the 500 ssd. PC doesn't start. I then go back to the original configuration, but PC still doesn't turn on. I don't know what happened. I went back to original plug one but it's not starting and I'm distressed as hell I don't know why it's not turning on.

I tried plugging out my GPU nothing works PC will not turn on.

Feb 12, 2020
The Mobo is months new. It's an rog strix b450 and PSU is evga 1000w

It was just working. I plugged out the cords, then plugged the satas back in and now nothing. How can that be? It can't just crap out because I unplug and plug a cord back in it doesn't make any sense.

Feb 12, 2020
What model PSU? Evga has 8 different 1000w PSU models.
https://www.evga.com/products/ProductList.aspx?type=10&family=Power+Supplies&chipset=1000+Watts

Are you using original cables for this psu?
With non-compatible modular cables, you can kill hardware connected.

evga 1000g sorry

Thing thing Is I checked my mobo, and psu and connectors, everything seemed fine. But I went through the steps and plugged out 18 pin and cables and plugged back in securely.

PC turned back on.

But while I am gratified its back I'm still confused and honestly just at a loss. I plug out two cables and its not like I was rummaging through the stack to do so either messing things up along the way. I plug out two cables, plug em back in, nothing happened.

My pc is working now, but I don't know why so Im still agitated. Is plugging out cables from a pc and plugging them back in that much a risk that I can spend half an hour racking my brain on what went wrong?

I'm not just musing here I would love for someone to take some pity on my dumb ass and help me understand how this happened if it wasn't just unconnected cables(But I really don't think that was the case, but wtf do I know). I didn't think what I was doing was that big of a deal, then my PC I spent 2k+ on decides to just not function whatsoever.