Plugging headphone directly to monitor audio port

patryck.pratama

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
hello,
i have view sonic va-2219sh for my pc monitor, i connect it with my pc using hdmi cable, and the monitor itself have a audio port, so i plug my headphone there,

is there any difference to audio quality produced between plugging headphone directly to the motherboard audio port and to the monitor ?

thanks in advance

Solution
Possibly.
Reasons for that are:
GPU produces sound in digital format, sends it through HDMI to monitor (along with whatever picture it shows)
a digital to analog chip in Monitor converts said diigtal signal from HDMI to analog.
Whatever other sound cards/chips you have on your computer do not take part in this situation.

plugging it to your computer means that motherboard embedded sound chip does the job. Said sound chip, even if cheap one has at least more options to fine-tune the sound, amount of bass and so on.
Possibly.
Reasons for that are:
GPU produces sound in digital format, sends it through HDMI to monitor (along with whatever picture it shows)
a digital to analog chip in Monitor converts said diigtal signal from HDMI to analog.
Whatever other sound cards/chips you have on your computer do not take part in this situation.

plugging it to your computer means that motherboard embedded sound chip does the job. Said sound chip, even if cheap one has at least more options to fine-tune the sound, amount of bass and so on.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from patryck.pratama : "Plugging headphone directly to monitor audio port"

USAFRet

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from patryck.pratama : "Plugging headphone directly to monitor audio port"