[SOLVED] Plugging in Asus ax3000 into Asus Maximus Hero VIII

DarkCourier

Reputable
Jul 30, 2020
So I just bought the Asus pce-ax3000 WiFi adapter. I plugged it into the usb header labeled “ROG-EXT” which is the only one available but my computer isn’t reading it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Solution
Korth
ROG Guru: Black BeltArray

ROG_EXT is meant for ROG OC Panel and ROG Front Base. It's a repurposed USB2 controller/port.

Sounds like that port might not work with that adapter, it's for the optional proprietary daughter boards the Maximus series uses.

kanewolf

Titan
So I just bought the Asus pce-ax3000 WiFi adapter. I plugged it into the usb header labeled “ROG-EXT” which is the only one available but my computer isn’t reading it. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Does the WIFI work but not whatever USB connectivity? Looking at the quick-start guide it requires two steps. One with the card installed but no USB and a second with USB connected.
I don't understand what the USB connectivity is for, some references say it is not required.

DarkCourier

Reputable
Jul 30, 2020
Does the WIFI work but not whatever USB connectivity? Looking at the quick-start guide it requires two steps. One with the card installed but no USB and a second with USB connected.
I don't understand what the USB connectivity is for, some references say it is not required.
Oddly enough when I flipped what was plugged into each usb header it worked. Thanks for the response though!