PLz Help me

G

I changed a new graphic card-Ganiward Geforce2Mx.
But when I run 3dMark2000,the benchmark value only reached to 103X .It's really bad!...PLz Tell me if the problem is on
the CPU.
===MY Bad Computer==
AMD K6-2 350...
192MB SDram
Epox Mvp3g-m mainbpard

thx!!

G

Could well be that you're cpu is just too slow.

Check Madonion's web page and compare your result to one's submitted there.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's a combination of factors. #1, the FPU of the K6-2 and K6/III sucked. I've had both. The Pentium MMX actually had a better FPU (but worse performance everywhere else do to speed). Second, the MVP3 chipset sucked, especially with newer nVidia cards. I picked up performance on mine by dropping the TNT2U and putting in a Banshee! That chipset had the worst possible AGP support. Try the newest 4-in-1 drivers from Via and see if they help. Also make sure you have it set for 2x AGP in bios. You should be able to get around 3000 out of it if you can get the bugs sored out. Also try using a big heatsink and overclocking your CPU-even PIII cooling fans fit when you replace their clip with an old-style Pentium clip. I have an OEM Intel PIII large fan on my wife's K6/III mounted with the old-style clip.

Suicide is painless...........

owais

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2001
I believe it is your cpu because I have the same CPU and I get around 1000 something with a voodoo3 3500. Then I plugged in a Geforce2 MX and my performance dropped about a hundred or so. But if used the same two cards in a duron 700 system, The performance is voodoo3-->3500, and Geforce2 MX-->6000. I even used the same HD, memory and all the other stuff.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Your cpu speed is a limiting factor but something that most people are not aware of that older socket 7 systems and the newer det drivers don't mix. Use det driver version 6.27 nothing higher than that. Any higher version will give you a serious hit in performance on a socket seven system. Nvidia has finally acknowelged this and is working on a fix....for now download and install det version 6.27. Also, seriously look into getting an amd k6-III+ chip fro that board you will get alot better performance and it should clock to 55o probably even 600. Thru one in my sons socket 7 machine and it scores 3700 with det 6.27 and the k6-3+ running at 600. Also gets a cpu mark 99 score of 64.2

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

G

I used to get about 2200 with k62-400 and geforce 256. As others have recommended: check via 4-in-1, agp 2x, try several different det drivers.

Tom Mc

Even a fool, when he remains silent, appears wise.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Spare yourself the hassle of trying differnt drivers on a socket 7 system the best is 6.27 or below this is a well documented fact. Upgrading your via drivers to 4.28 would help also...only use the agp driver however.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!