[SOLVED] PLZ HELP WITH NEW RIG

Nov 8, 2019
Hey so I decided to build a new PC. I’m building in the Eclipse p400a with a x570 aorus elite MOBO and I cant get the front panel fans to work. I also can’t get it to display anything, my graphics card fans don’t spin either, but that might be because it isn’t being used. There’s only 2 system fan ports on my system and i used them already. What do I do to get the fans to work!!

Solution
Are you sure this is your motherboard?
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
My mistake, there's only 4 fan headers. I mistook an LED header for a 5th.
-1 right next to the cpu power socket
-2 above the memory slots
-1 between the M.2 and VRM heatsinks(with the big old AORUS slapped on it)

To add any more fans will require the use of splitter cables: https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=fan+splitter

I still can’t get any signal with Hdmi, because i’m using that. I don’t know if maybe i forgot a plug? What cord makes the display hdmi work?
Do you have any other cables to test with?

Now, some gpu models have fan curves that don't kick in until 60C or so, but it should've spun up temporarily during POST. Do the LEDs come on/stay on?
Nov 8, 2019
i can only find 2 fan headers, are there others that go under different names? The only ones I see are system fans 1-2, I have a RX 5700 Xt, ryzen 7 3700x with stock cooler. I also don’t know why but I can’t get any display.

JackFrostSekhose

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
This may, seem awkward but happened to me
Try using HDMI or Dvi port for display..
Try switching display wires if you don't get any display
And there are fan splitters available on eBay Amazon etc that you can buy to split fan pins to accommodate more fans
For a very DIY cost effective option you can turn your Molex connectors to drive power to your fan.. Watch some YouTube videos and tutorials on how to... There are plenty
I drive my front case fans with that DIY
Incase you suspect your mobo and Gfx ain't getting power try using a multimeter to diagnose.. When turned on find an empty Molex connector and plug in the red probe to the yellow wire and the black probe to one of the black wires it should read (12v)+-5%

Nov 8, 2019
Also I can only find the Cpu opt, I can’t find anything under AIO or all the other names you said. I still need to get 2 fans working! Thanks for the help so far though. I still can’t get any signal with Hdmi, because i’m using that. I don’t know if maybe i forgot a plug? What cord makes the display hdmi work?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Are you sure this is your motherboard?
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
My mistake, there's only 4 fan headers. I mistook an LED header for a 5th.
-1 right next to the cpu power socket
-2 above the memory slots
-1 between the M.2 and VRM heatsinks(with the big old AORUS slapped on it)

To add any more fans will require the use of splitter cables: https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=fan+splitter

I still can’t get any signal with Hdmi, because i’m using that. I don’t know if maybe i forgot a plug? What cord makes the display hdmi work?
Do you have any other cables to test with?

Now, some gpu models have fan curves that don't kick in until 60C or so, but it should've spun up temporarily during POST. Do the LEDs come on/stay on?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS