Question PNY graphics card does not want to play ball with Gigabyte motherboard

w41g872

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
So, something really weird happened to my system today. I was playing a graphics intensive game and need to attend to some other affair so I left my game paused. After I came back my computer crashed. I thought no big deal I will just turn it back on again. However, this time my screen goes on and off for several times, and then goes black. There is clearly some signal coming from the graphics card, but it seems failing to show anything in the end.

I am using GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI and PNY GTX 1080 TI Blower (VCGGTX1080T11PB-CG2)

To troubleshoot this, I switched to a PNY GTX 1070, and it POSTed with no problem. So I thought it was the problem of the 1080 ti, So I tested the 1080 ti on another motherboard, and it POSTed no problem!

I am curious to know what the problem is with these two components that when put together will simply refuse to work with each other.

So, something really weird happened to my system today. I was playing a graphics intensive game and need to attend to some other affair so I left my game paused. After I came back my computer crashed. I thought no big deal I will just turn it back on again. However, this time my screen goes on and off for several times, and then goes black. There is clearly some signal coming from the graphics card, but it seems failing to show anything in the end.

I am using GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI and PNY GTX 1080 TI Blower (VCGGTX1080T11PB-CG2)

To troubleshoot this, I switched to a PNY GTX 1070, and it POSTed with no problem. So I thought it was the problem of the 1080 ti, So I tested the 1080 ti on another motherboard, and it POSTed no problem!

I am curious to know what the problem is with these two components that when put together will simply refuse to work with each other.
Could you post your system components.