Review Porsche Design AOC Agon PD27 240 Hz Curved Monitor Review: High Performance, High Style

Dantte

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
So the very end of the read the author compares the Argon to the Samsung G7 32" "with similar specs".... Why not compare it to the G7 27" with all the same specs except 1; the G7 27" is rated at HDR600, not HDR400? So for the same price and maybe cheaper, you can get the EXACT SAME panel from Samsung with BETTER backlighting!

Which brings me to; why havent any of the Samsung Odyssey panels been tested by Toms; they been available since early Fall and only now is the competition finally coming out with their own products?

Reactions: Kridian

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
So the very end of the read the author compares the Argon to the Samsung G7 32" "with similar specs".... Why not compare it to the G7 27" with all the same specs except 1; the G7 27" is rated at HDR600, not HDR400? So for the same price and maybe cheaper, you can get the EXACT SAME panel from Samsung with BETTER backlighting!

Which brings me to; why havent any of the Samsung Odyssey panels been tested by Toms; they been available since early Fall and only now is the competition finally coming out with their own products?

The extra brightness is not necessarily a good thing for some people (like me), and though I’m a niche, the panel you refer to has a nasty blue light on the back.

emgarf

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2014
Some may call that stand "stylish", but on my desk it would just be in the way. The pedestal stand on my Dell U3818DW is rock-solid and takes up much less space.

Dantte

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
The extra brightness is not necessarily a good thing for some people (like me), and though I’m a niche, the panel you refer to has a nasty blue light on the back.
You can lower the brightness to your liking, and the "nasty blue light" on the back you can turn off. So you dont prefer the G7 over this because you'll have to make an adjustment that takes 10secs? You would rather spend $100 more for an inferior display because 10secs to adjust it to your needs is too much?