Port forward a device connected to the router via an android phone.

Ripstikerpro

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
Is There a way to port forward my pc that is connected to my router via an android phone (tethering) ? My Pc has a different local IP Address than that of the phone , so.. How can I port forward to
the pc ?

This is the configuration in more detail : Phone Connected to Router via wifi , PC gets internet access via tethering from the phone. And What I need is to Port Forward to the PC so it is accessible remotely.

Edit: Made a bit clearer the description of the my config

Solution
So the Phone is somehow tethered to the router. If that is true it is pretty standard port forwarding on the router since the phone appears as a modem.

Still I strongly suspect that it all does not matter. Unless you are extremely lucky most mobile broadband does not have public IP addresses. There is a NAT router in the ISP network that shares a block of routable public ip between mulitple end devices. To get remote access to work you would need to port forward in the ISP router which you have no access to.
I don't quite understand the question. You need to do a better job explaining this configuration.

When you say "port forward my PC", do you mean port forward "to" that PC? As in, remotely access that PC via your home router?

I also don't understand how your PC is connected to your router via android. That's not very clear. Normally you'd use tethering to establish the android as a hotspot, allowing the PC to connect to it over wireless, then the hotspot acting as a router to give that PC internet access. But the way you're describing it, it doesn't quite sound the same. There's just too much ambiguity in your description (at least for me).

Ripstikerpro

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

Sorry for the lack of detail on the description , this is the configuration : Phone Connected to Router via wifi , PC gets internet access via tethering from the phone. And What I need is to Port Forward to the PC so it is accessible remotely

Hope this is a bit better of an explanation

So the Phone is somehow tethered to the router. If that is true it is pretty standard port forwarding on the router since the phone appears as a modem.

Still I strongly suspect that it all does not matter. Unless you are extremely lucky most mobile broadband does not have public IP addresses. There is a NAT router in the ISP network that shares a block of routable public ip between mulitple end devices. To get remote access to work you would need to port forward in the ISP router which you have no access to.

Solution