Question Port forwarding can not find the device

Jan 19, 2023
I have a TD Vision DVR and can watch the video stream connected to DVR by android application XMEye.I want to watch video directly by using ip address of DVR in every where . I can see the video in home network by using ip address 192.168.1.108 inside internet explorer . I set the Port forwarding in my Zyxel modem from Port 80 to Port 80 . But when I put the modem external IP inside the browser , the page for login appears and I enter the user and pass but there is a prompt that can not find the device. What should I do to solve this problem?

kanewolf

Titan
I have a TD Vision DVR and can watch the video stream connected to DVR by android application XMEye.I want to watch video directly by using ip address of DVR in every where . I can see the video in home network by using ip adthedress 192.168.1.108 inside internet explorer . I set the Port forwarding in my Zyxel modem from Port 80 to Port 80 . But when I put the modem external IP inside the browser , the page for login appears and I enter the user and pass but there is a prompt that can not find the device. What should I do to solve this problem?
There are apparently additional ports required. The data stream is probably on another port. Google the model number of your DVR and port forward for specifics.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023
There is another media port that I made port forwarding for it also but still the same problem exist .
the default http port is 80 and media port was 34568 . I changed the media port to 7001 , 8000 and 200
but problem not solved .
Now it is not possible to change back to default media port , the system prompts port conflict .
I should mention first in internet explorer additional plugin was required .
before installing the plugin connection from outside home network to dvr was possible without error but there was no video stream .
After installing the plugin connection to dvr from outside shows the message can not find the device
but inside home network every thing is OK.

So start over and remove all the port forwarding. Instead test with the DMZ option. Not something you want to leave long term especially with things as unsecure as cameras and dvr. It should show you if it is just port forwarding that you have to figure out or if there is something strange about the app.

Even if this works in the long run you should look into using a vpn on the router to access this. Port 80 is not encrypted so it is not very secure.

A vpn might also be the only way to make it work if the app only works on a lan. With a vpn your machine should appear as if it was on a lan device so anything that works locally should also work via vpn. Your router may or may not have a vpn server function. It is a lot more common that a few years ago.

Jan 19, 2023
Thank you so much for your hint . but problem solved .
I set the http port to 7000 and media port to 7001 and port forwarding from starting point 7000 to end point 7001.

Jan 19, 2023
Now I can see video stream in pc chrome browser , but in android phone still problem that plugin not supported exist.
one browser that can show video stream is puffin but puffin in my android phone can not connect to internet .