[SOLVED] Port Forwarding Doesn't Work

Feb 15, 2021
Can anyone help me setting up port forwarding? I have Verizon FIOS internet. No matter what I do this thing wont port forward. Anyone else here have Verizon? Can you port forward on your internet?

Solution
Not sure if this will help or not, but in my experience my external IP address (I think thats what it calls) has never changed. I'd suggest running ipconfig /all and looking for external IP. Make sure that's the one your using to forward.
Nov 24, 2020
Check if you have a IPv4 address of your own. Go to your router's settings and go to the menu called WAN Status. If the ip address starts with a 100, unfortunately you can't port forward with your internet because you are behind a Carrier Grade NAT protocol, which means you and probably many more people share 1 IPv4 address across all of you.

Feb 15, 2021
Check if you have a IPv4 address of your own. Go to your router's settings and go to the menu called WAN Status. If the ip address starts with a 100, unfortunately you can't port forward with your internet because you are behind a Carrier Grade NAT protocol, which means you and probably many more people share 1 IPv4 address across all of you.
It says the IPv4 address starts with 72

And how do I disable Carrier Grade NAT?

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
Not sure if this will help or not, but in my experience my external IP address (I think thats what it calls) has never changed. I'd suggest running ipconfig /all and looking for external IP. Make sure that's the one your using to forward.

Solution