Question Port Forwarding Issues

xfile102

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
I am obviously nowhere near as adept as I need to be to configure this properly myself. We have an Amplify HD router. I am ultimately trying to allow access to Plex remotely for family, but I cannot even get the forwarded port accessible.

Windows 11 Pro
ESET Internet Security
Private Internet Access

I have gone into Amplify Router Settings and forwarded port 35600, but no joy. I also allowed the port through in ESET as well/

I have checked through yougetsignal, canyouseeme & portchecker and all show the port as closed. I use PIA (Private Intenet Access) constantly, but I disabled it just to try to get this to work. Ultimately all I need to do is be able to keep my VPN running and forward a port for Plex to be able to be accessible remotely.

I have set up PIA split tunnel to allow Plex to bypass the VPN. So all I need to do is get Plex accessible remotely. I think part of my problem is knowing whick IP address I need to be using when I forward the port in the router. I have used the Public IP, the WAN IP shown on the router, the VPN IP, private IP shown in IP config, none of which have worked.

Any advice?

Ug8EwZn.png

whqIviK.png

2W5AQRX.jpg

vwieAwS.jpg